OLTL: Joey Buchanan Cast

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

SOD is saying that Austin Peck and Brody Hutzler were considered for the role:

http://soapoperadigest.com/news/breaking/

OLTL Casts New Joey Buchanan

After recognizable soap faces like Austin Peck (ex-Brad, ATWT et al) and Brody Hutzler (ex-Patrick, DAYS) were considered for the role, OLTL has cast daytime newcomer Josh Kelly as the next Joey Buchanan, slated to begin airing on Nov. 24. The role was last played by CASTLE's Nathan Fillion, when Joey popped into town for Asa's funeral in 2007. This is the first soap for Kelly, who's had numerous prime-time guest spots, including parts on UGLY BETTY, TRUE BLOOD and NCIS: LOS ANGELES.

• Members

Mmmmm, having watched the Joey/Dorian stuff as a 9th grader, it's just weird that Joey is now a few years younger than me. I didn't care for the deSORASing to Jeffcoat and the deSORASing AND miscasting of BMH. But hey, if Viki has her boy back, he can act, and they don't totally destroy the character along the way, I'm in too.

Seriously. But AP is totally predictable vapid Kevin recast material.

• Members

I think they will destroy the character, especially if it is to prop Rex or Kelly or Todd, but we can hope.

He looks older than his age, so it might fit. OLTL also seems to have a way of making actors look older than they really are...

• Members

Well, let's also not forget that in 2003, Joey and Rex were treated as contemporaries fighting over Jen - leading to the homoerotic locker room battles.

It's Joey, the actor is attractive and appears to have an ounce of talent. I choose to be happy about it until they do something dumb with him.

• Members

JPL has aged so badly recently he might catch up to NF soon.

I hope they don't even put Joey and Rex in a story together. Every character in a story with Rex pays the price.

Sarah Roberts flopped twice -- CJ would be the same. He has no one on the show aside from a few relatives who would barely notice he exists.

Archived