OLTL: Joey Buchanan Cast

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

CJ and Sarah are siblings and have the same family connections - an aunt who only cares about Todd and Jessica, a mother who will never be back on the show again, a father who probably won't, cousins who would never notice him (the only reason Jess and Sarah ever interacted was during the strike when they teased Nash/Sarah), and a sicko uncle who only notices relatives if he wants to ruin their lives or hear them talk about how much they love Tea.

I don't see a point in CJ. At least Joey has some history. CJ hasn't been around in years and OLTL has failed at any attempt at bringing in a blank slate male character, especially with the Buchanans. Zombie Duke and Drew would tell us so.

I'm not happy about what Joey is likely returning to - the black hole known as Kelly, who has always flopped badly with Joey IMO - but I'd take him over CJ.

• Members

Was the "Cope" part supposed to be funny? He was crying about the war and I was hysterically laughing over how bad it was.

He is cute but I think GT should probably start looking for a new job. Go west Gina, it won't kill ya!!!

• Members

Wouldn't that just be Matthew's story?

I guess I don't see this guy as looking his age. To me he looks 30+, and I think in recent years OLTL tends to make their male actors look haggard, so that might go up a few years.

• Members

Ok I sent Josh A FB Message Welcoming Him To Llanview and He responded with Thanks, Really Looking Forward To It

So He seems excited and probably hasnt filmed yet so lets not say he's miscast before he even airs

SMG was 15 years old playing 20something as Kendall on AMC so This Can work

Josh's Real age shouldnt Matter

• Members

I've never understood the CJ thing. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't he something like eight years old the last time he was on the show? They brought back Al, who was his peer, but then proceeded to send him to the same early grave as Duke and Drew.

Some people talk about CJ like the character has magical powers and that by showing up on the canvas it would make up for the fact that the whole next generation of the show's males was completely wiped out in a plague of plot point death. If they brought on CJ he'd just die in a hail of gunfire a year later.

• Members

But to me it's not just his real age, it's his look. And it's not like people didn't take AMC to task over SMG, hell, AMC took THEMSELVES to task. :lol: But I'm not one to blame an actor, they just want to work and they don't cast themselves. As long as he's working hard and trying his best to turn out good performances, he's doing his part. I wouldn't have cast Carmen Duncan as Iris on AW either, but that worked out. It's just that I question some of the thinking behind these casting choices, and when it works it's more a matter of luck than well-thought-out decision making. A man who is not Todd or John doesn't have to be or look under 30 to be viable, and why go futzing with the timeline of the main character's children of all characters. OLTL is now infamous for playing fast and loose with age.

• Members

I thought Kendall was originally a teenager but then they aged her up because people said Erica was too old to have a teenage daughter if she'd been raped at 14.

Without Cord or Tina I don't think CJ has any potential. Until they return I'd rather never see CJ or Sarah again.

Archived