Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Im still miffed that they cast Evan Alex Cole as Hunter made him a Stewart and then stopped using him after February 2010. Also they never developed Hunter & Maddie

Was Alex Chando on a short term deal when she returned in 2009

• Members

Thank you! I was trying to figure out who that was. 

I hated that they made Hunter an egg baby of Emily's. If they wanted to make him a Stewart, they could've easily made him one of Jeff & Annie's quads. I hate how soaps would rather create some child out of air instead of using characters already part of the canon. 

And I hated Hunter and Maddie. I didn't think that Maddie was exclusive to Casey, but I always preferred those 2 together. 

• Members

Did those writers even know who Jeff & Annie were? Would they have taken the time to find out?

Towards the end of the show's run, the writers and execs seem quite proud of their ignorance of the show's history.  They seemed to lack any concern for cohesive storytelling or drawing on the show's rich history and seemed just fine with pulling stories out of their as*es.

• Members

I feel like they were trying to model Hunter after GH's Spinelli, who was immensely popular by that point. That dorky, socially awkward character. It didn't work. 

I agree. Allison & Casey were bland to me. I get that they did it b/c he was a Hughes and she was a Stewart, which became taboo by that point. 

I doubt Passanante knew who Jeff & Annie were, but she could've easily by using SOC profiles or reading recaps like most of us do. We would've cared more if Evan Alex Cole was either Lowell or Gregory Ward. I just think that the story made Larry even more sleazy. 

It boggles my mind that writers in daytime fail to do research when I'd find it to be the most fun and exciting part of the job. So many little nuggets from the past that could've helped them devise better stories in the future. Instead, they'd rather ignore history and face scrutiny just so the job can be easier to them. 

Please register in order to view this content

When it come to TPTB, oh it was totally apparent that they didn't give a damn about history. Goutman would say it in so many words in his interviews that he didn't give a damn about ATWT's past. I've always felt that he just did the job b/c he needed a steady paycheck. It bothers me how this genre still employs people like that when there are a plethora of us fans that have devised better fan fiction that what they are generating. 

• Members

In the show's last decade or so, ATWT seemed overly fond of making many of their characters as sleazy as can be. Craig and Larry are but two examples of how the show seemed to relish tearing down any narratives that previous regimes had thoughtfully created, only to replace it with poorly constructed characterizations that made little sense in the context of the show's history.

IA about Allison and Casey, didn't care for them or about them. Unfortunately they weren't the only ones, I could probably say the same for most of the couples that were created in the show's last year and a half.

• Members

With that actor..how could we tell the difference between dead and alive?

Bob taking Luke sputtering head off of Noah's chest..."Son, Noah is dead, he is gone, he lives no more!"

Luke "NOOOOO, Noah cant be DEAD..I am going to have SUCH a hissy on this its going to take up SO much screen time of me sputtering and tossing my head around"

Chris" Yes Luke, Noah is DEAD, he breathes no more, or has any facial expression..er, he breathes no more.""

Lily, "Oh my God,  my poor baby, I just heard Noah is DEAD..dead..dead..dead..not asleep mind you but dead."
Kim to Luke..."Kiddo, Noah is DEAD! Listen Bub, you need to get out there and get some more action, as Noah has been DEAD for 10 minutes which is a LONG time in Oakdale...Noah is DEAD!"

• Members

Many of us said months ago that instead of making Hunt Block Craig that he should've been Babs' brother, Rick. It would've been so much more believable for him to get involved in the stuff he got in as it was common for him. Plus, Babs could've still been involved in those stories. 

To your other point, one couple I did not care about towards the end of the show was Janet/Dusty. I was happy b/c Janet was removed from CarJack's orbit, but the pairing was still horrid. 

Please register in order to view this content

How dare you?!!!

Y'all are gonna leave my Luke and Noah alone! They are living happily ever after w/o Reid standing in their way. 

I adore you, but no. Y'all are gonna leave my Noah alone!!!