AMC - Thursday September 30, 2010

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Lol at "Grandma Boring". Marissa is dull and awful. I was glad JR told her he was going to fight her on getting primary custody of AJ.

Also thought Kendall was awful towards the end of today's show with Madison. With her getting mad at Madison for being honest about what Greenlee said. Just because Kendall is willing to sacrifice her marriage, family and happiness for Rylee doesn't mean that Madison should have to sacrifice her happiness for them as well.

• Members

Seeing that you are a CW fan, I guess you missed how Greg tanked on 90210 last season? Lori Loughlin was his co-star and he literally tanked. It's ok, I mean he's eye candy but strong actor? :lol:

Meanwhile Jacob Young has been recieving praises and is up for a daytime emmy in 2011. Ok sure recast someone who's 31 in thier prime and making an impact on this show w/ multiple SLs.

1. Making people cheer for insignificant characters, i.e. (Scott, Marissa)

2. Making MCE's character stand out and be rootable

3. Creating a potential supercouple

4. Making Micheal Nouri have material that makes his character stand out

5. Making the Chandlers family branch stand out as the family on AMC to watch ... does anyone recognize the Kanes anymore? the Martins? the Hubbards? (although they are ok), the

Cortlandts/Cooneys? The Chandlers run this show, all started b/c JR embraced his inner badboy and ditched JR Martin

6. Making newbies rootable and interesting, ppl actually care about what Asher will do, JR not liking Damon is making ppl like Damon too

7. AJ isn't just a kid floating around, the link to AJ will always be JR, he's part of a legacy now

8. Tad actually has material ppl care about

9. Krystal has a SL worth mentioning

10. Even Erica is going to benefit from JR

So, yeh I doubt JR or JY is a problem. :lol: Greg Vaughn that's as hilarious as a thing as I ever heard.

• Members

Wait. I just need to get this straight. Are you attributing ALL of the above to Jacob Young?!! Because if so then....

amcjessenew.gif

Uhhhh...no.

JY is doing very good work now and I give him all props for that but that's after years of being one of the weaker links on this show so let's dial back the worship. As for the character of JR, he could be replaced by Scott without even a break in stride.

• Members

I'm saying he's not a problem, infact him and MCE have added punch to this show. But notice when JR's SL kicked in that's when all the pieces started falling into place. MCE's Annie character was the start of it, JY's JR is now becoming a must watch character.

5mziv7.jpg

He was a weak link b/c back in the day they didn't write for this character he was a prop device for the Careys, especially Babe and Jamie. Not even close, no one cares about Scott, you care about Scott toilet tissue before you actually care about Scott. :lol:

• Members

Okay first off, JY is awful? according to who exactly, I understand you hate his character but the actor being awful c'mon are we watching the same actor.

I don't see what's the problem with Emma and Annie trying to repair their relationship, if Annie didn't try you would bash her for that so just shut up. (no offense)

• Members

Sorry, but I disagree. He was a weak link because HE was a WEAK LINK. He was a barely conscious actor with a gut whose performances were so subpar that he was one of the highest picks in the "Who going to rehab next" lottery. He benefited greatly from playing a "core" character. Babe, Jamie and JR all sucked equally and the only thing that sets JR apart from the other two is that he's still on screen.

And there's nothing intrinsically different about Scott and JR. One's good, one's bad but it's not like with Adam and Stuart where the differences between them were firmly staked out. There's no clear devil and angel. They both kind of take turn being douchebags, poseurs and pussies.

Archived