Rating the Replacements (AW, B&B, DAYS)

• Members

I enjoyed Trachta's Thorne for the Thorne/Macy romance and the singing, but really did not mind when a new Thorne showed up. Harmon has had great chemistry with his B&B co-stars which showed as soon the Taylor/Thorne (it was craaaaaaaap and a poor ploy in the eternal triangle) was over: I particularly liked Thorne/Macy & Grant and Throoke which both should have lasted much longer.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No, that was all Janet if memory serves. She saw him in dinner theatre and started having flashes of Wlll's face in place of his. And that was after Kendall and Del were working on the book, I think that coincided more with Kendall's time with Anton, schemes with Corvina, et cetera. Geesh, it's been a while, not totally sure.

• Members

Jeff Trachta's Thorne wouldn't have lasted that long. I was happy when handsome WH took over as the anti-Ridge (just like Clayton Norcross) and enjoyed him with Taylor, Brooke, Macy and Claudia Cortez. Too bad that Brad had no idea what to do with him and paired him up with extra Darla, who ended up being a "tragic heroine".

• Members

and thats where they went wrong with him. There was quite a revival in his character when they brought Macy back as they were a gerat couple and her returned was so good. They should have been the it couple going forward. I thought Darla was going to simply be a bump in the road but they omehow deciced to make her the endgame and Macy went on to have success with Deacon before being killed off. I liked Darla but she really wasnt a leading lady. They kinda held him back while he was with her and I never really bought them a a couple. They just didnt quite click and I wasnt feeling their love

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

+1

OMG! Their chem was BEYOND off the charts- IMO, the only pairings that even come close to sharing the sexual chemistry that Harmon/KKL shared are Webster/Koslow, SB's Arveson/Brainard, and Aleksander/Birkelund (largely because of the writing for their sick, sadistic relationship). I CANNOT believe that this has never been revisited- this is the ONE and ONLY pairing that converted me from a die hard Ridge & Brooke believer. Frankly, I have no use for them anymore- I was revolted with Ridge's fake seduction of her causing Thorne's proposal to Macy & even more sickened when in a mere couple episodes, Brooke was suddenly disinterested in the magnetic Thorne & became re-obsessed with brother Ridge, claiming their entire relationship was Ridge-agenda-based (untrue). While I hear that KKL is a total gem on set, it pains me that she's never stood up & complained/asked to be reunited with Harmon. I've loved Brooke since I began watching circa 93, but she was at her most interesting, IMO, during 2 periods & stories

1. Brooke & BeLief- paired with Scott Thompson Baker's Connor

2. Brooke & Thorne- a fascinatingly MAD Brooke emerges, driving Steph to her breaking point

Points also to JackPeyton RE: Krista Allen. UGH! What was DAYS thinking? She was just NOT Billie and IMO, Rinna was unrecastable at that point. Rinna's first run was sheer greatness- her chemistry with RKK's (superior) Bo actually had fans rooting against a Bo/Hope redux when Alfonso returned (I know I was). IMO, their chemistry factored significantly into DAYS firing RKK & bringing back Reckell, since the show (at that point) clearly decided to go the Bo/Hope route. Rinna's chem with Reckell wasn't nearly as tangible.

Nick Hudson is, was, and always will be an ill-developed sh!tastic character. The less said about him & his portrayers, the better.

• Members

I think she probably knows that would never happen. The show made a very conscious choice to only let her be with Ridge, aside from the occasional moments with Nick.

Back around 2001 or 2002 Brad Bell seemed to very deliberately clamp down on B&B ever actually breaking away from their usual tired patterns. Everything has always been the same since then, with Ridge's loser children trotted out to continue the cliches.

• Members

Not to get too off topic here but I still can't believe B&B let a hunk like Baker simmer on the backburner for years. Ok maybe I can believe it but Connor was great yet other than short relationships with Brooke, Karen, and Maggie they did nothing with him at all. Connor is up there with Clarke, Grant, CJ, Pierce, Storm etc. as wasted men on B&B.

I think that's why B&B circa 2000-2003 was pretty enjoyable and wildly entertaining for the most part. I was very disappointed when B&B lost out to ATWT for Best Show at the Emmys in what, 2002/2003?

• Members

Agreed about Connor. What made it worse is they kinda-sorta paired him with Sheila at the end of his run & those two were red-hot. Ah, what could have been.

Scott Thompson Baker is another one of daytime's most underrated actors. I'll never forget him, if only for the fact that he presented the Lead Actress Emmy to my Marcy in 1989 and shouted out her name with such enthusiasm.

I forget, but wasn't he on AMC for a while? I can't remember who he played there for some reason, but I'm almost sure he was on at some point.

Archived