UK TV: Cold Feet

Sylph

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was a fan--it aired on one of the provincial, commercial free networks here (that much like PBS used to, make their bread and butter from UK programming) and was a big hit, though I only found out about it because my dad liked it so much. I don't think I saw every episode, or season, though I'd like to revisit it now and see if I'd still like it as much as I did back then. I DID see one episode of the AWFUL US remake though...

My understanding is that Mike Bullen did want to leave the series a few times, but he remained till the end. I know he wrote the finale (the final season, which was short, was actually much more serious, and quite sad). Going off of Wikipedia, (which is hardly clear) that seems to be what happened--he stuck with it the whole way through.

Where did it air in the US?

Knowledge Network (BC's provincial network) has since aired, at least twice all the way though, his later series, Life Begins, starring Caroline Quentin, about a woman who's just had a seperation, which then broadens out to be about her family, friends, etc. I thought it was fantastic (though I'm not sure if it'd appeal to you, Sylph), though the final series, the third, had some plot developments I found lazy. I actually caught it midway through, and then watched from the start again.

(I'd love to track down Cold Feat, but after it we used to get another British show, This Life which I loved even more, but haven't been able to track down though I have a feeling it'll be quite dated).

• 4 months later...

Archived