B&B: Stephanie/Brooke Spoiler

Evan

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Since it sounds like Brooke will be "lording" this secret over Stephanie, I doubt it is a Jill/Katherine scenario. High odds it involves paternity, since everything on the show revolves around family. We've already been down the road with ownership of the company, so that's not it. Illness, thought I doubt it -- could be compelling if it's a situation where Brooke helps Stephanie through it and they finally come to an understanding. If it's the "definite" storyline, this would make sense. After 23+ years of battling over Widge, even Stephanie knows that after the Oliver thing, Brooke and Ridge are together for good. The Bridget thing could work because we know what Mike did to Shield in the lab (I don't know if that was ever resolved conclusively), but then you have the icky Nick thing. (Re: theory of Brooke being Massimo's child -- Brooke has a child with Nick, too, so no paternity switch for her/Ridge/Nick. They might get away with incest with adults, but not if they've resulted in children -- that's a taboo and a curse that I don't think any audience would accept.) Right now, B&B's best s/l involves Bill/Katie/Liam/Hope (three outstanding actors, who are raising the bar for Hope). It was a good move to put her in a positive story right away as opposed to weeping over Brooke/Oliver, etc.

• Members

I like the idea of revisiting Bridget's paternity. That original story left open a huge mystery which was never resolved -- namely, who wrote and left that letter to Ridge telling him Bridget was not his daughter? And who killed the doctor who supposedly wrote the letter and di the paternity test. When Sheila and Mike were messing around with the test results when Bridget was a baby, they ended up not knowing WTF they were doing. I love that it is one of those secrets which has been in the ether for years and years - since the very early 90s, I believe. Bill Bell did love this kind of thing. Of course, Bradley is not WJB and it remains to be seen how this story will play out, IF it is even played out, or whether Brad will go a more sensationalist route.

Plus it focuses on Bridget, and I really REALLY like Ashley Jones' portrayal of the character.

• Members

^^ B&B brings out the wild optimist in me, Sylph. No other show can do that but this ball of 18 minute trash. :lol:

It's as you said in one of the threads on DTS this weekend -- there is something about B&B which makes it easier to envisage being able to "salvage" the show and make it better, tighter, a richer viewing experience. It has the history, the mix of characters of all ages in search of a story, the loyal vets. Now it needs to overhaul its production and wardrobe departments (do it, Ed Scott!)and, most importantly, start writing emotionally resonent stories that actually stick. Why not, Bradley? Why not give it a try? For the hell of it. You really have nothing left to lose.

I'm sure it will cross the point of no return very soon as other shows have (if it hasn't already), though. But for now I can enjoy speculating about future SLs from the comfort of SON.

• Members

After thinking about there are two reasons why I don't think it's about Bridget: 1) the character is involved in a show-eating storyline right now with Owen/Jackie and 2) so Brooke finds a letter that shows Stephanie knew or arranged a switch -- that's hardly a relationship defining S/L. I also would find it hard to believe that Stephanie would have stood back while Bridget got involved with Nick.

• Members

I'm gonna be optimistic and hope that Brad really has something up his sleave which is NOT connected to a WTD-story.

Maybe we're gonna see someone from the past as part of this twist. Maybe Stephanie has been writing love letters to James Warwick, just as Brooke is ready to discover her lust for him. :lol: Everything is possible.

If Brad actually WERE smart, Brooke's discovery would lead to a reveal that Bill Spencer Sr. is actually alive and kicking... Two Evil-Bills would be delicious!

Archived