September 6-10, 2010

Toups

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

GH had a modest increase, but not as much as you'd think by that press release. While I applaud any increase, especially this time of year, I think they gained 80K total viewers and 0.2/85K in 18-49 demo. They gained more in last weeks posted ratings.

ABC spinning again. I think it needs to continue to increase before VM can be called the salvation of GH. They aren't going to be gaining anyone (IMO) with this stupid Irish story.

• Members

Yes, a 0.2 gain is great but it's one demo, one week. They gained a modest number of viewers but made it sound more significant. I guess that's the value of a press release. I hope they can maintain or even grow from here. I guess it depends on the writing.

• Members

Sonny and Brenda finally met - that was the difference. The slow introduction didn't amuse viewers. I suspect it will improve and be sustainable once Brenda hits Port Charles in full force.

Definitely the Demos - and specific ones.

The HH are numbers we neophytes banter around without any real knowledge of what we're talking about.

• Members

Wow is right...Congrats to ATWT!! It's not their final week and they already passed Days and OLTL and tied AMC in HHs. They accomplished what GL couldnt do until its last week. I guess fans tuned in to see Reid's death/The Hughes Drama and John and Lucinda. See what showcasing your vets gives you........

I'll comment more tomorrow...off to bed...lol

• Members

Great to see OLTL increase for two consecutive weeks. They haven't done that in what seems like ages.

It's telling that both GH and OLTL are still down year-on-year even with the recent increases. I hope all the soaps go up but I'm not sure what OLTL is doing now will keep viewers -- GH squandered the Brenda/Sonny stuff but if Brenda/Jason are popular as ABC thinks then that might help. OLTL's demos are quite good, even if they're not too above DAYS and one of the others. GH is up from last year in 18-49 so I'm sure ABC is happy, even if that isn't a huge increase considering the recent return.

Sad and happy for ATWT at the same time. If the show had made an effort in 2008 and 2009 where might they be? I guess probably still canceled, but let me have my delusion.

• Members

Well, goes to show that, with the proper TLC (new writers/EP) ATWT has life in it--even after being cancelled, people cared enough to tune in for the Reid stunt, John return. This spike in ratings didn't just come from older viewers interested in John and Lucinda, even the demos are better. No one should be shocked about the show doing well considering it was at number 3 just 2.5 years ago. CBS and PGP wanted out, the genre is tanking; a lot of people still like As the World Turns even when poor writing makes the show down right painful to watch.

B&B has really moved up in 18-49 demo and it seems the 'youth cast' is paying off. Its funny, B&B now rates the same as World did three years ago. I'm glad to see AMC up. I watched the show last Monday, when CBS had tennis, and it was alright. I couldn't watch OLTL--too many kids, too many bad outside shots and the production values just seemed poor. In general, the CBS shows, even low-cost ATWT, seem to have lush sets but the ABC shows don't look all that good. AMC used to have such a unique looks and it always looked as if the show was being filmed from above. I don't understand why Frons didn't stick with that style.

Archived