Dallas 2.0: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, the yearly thing is no big deal. I think the problem with Dallas though, is that it's a bubble show (including for season one), but nobody seems willing to admit that. The few who care about it and promote it act like it's a huge hit, which does it a disservice. I think a big reason the show didn't do well this past season is because they had nothing to promote. Once JR died they finally had a big story to promote and people tuned in as a result. Now going into season 3, once again there was no cliffhanger and nothing to really promote once this tepid show comes back. Once again they will waste five episodes setting these silly storylines up, rush through or skip all the interesting stuff and then wrap it up at the end.

On Ultimate Dallas somebody suggested the outgoing Revenge creator/HW should take over. I would how his take on the show would be. He IS a big fan of the show and he understands cliffhangers and soaps better than Cidre would. I just wish they'd hire somebody new regardless of who it is.

• Members

All those kind of long breaks annoy me. I couldn't even tell you how many weeks Dallas ran this "season", but a long break doesn't help a struggling show either. I just kind of assumed they would run something this fall.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I'm not hoping for much. This show has been such a disappointment. I expect season 3 to be more of the same blandness with moments of greatness. Too much Brenda Strong playing "good, noble Ann," dull female characters like Emma and Elena taking up screentime and lots of wasted potential. Of course you will also have the hit and run appearances for former characters that amount to nothing in the end.

Archived