DAYS to shoot in HD. Is OLTL next?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest dc cubs

I have to say I'm surprised about this Days news as I didn't think there was any budget for it. Do you think this means the show is confident that it will get another renewal? I can't see them spending seven figures on this if the show was only going to be around for one more year. I take this as a positive sign.

However, there needs to be some major work done on the sets as well as the hair/make up and wardrobe departments. If not the show will look terrible in HD.

• Members

I hope to god that this HD move means the show will look completely different, because the lighting is crap. Either way, I am excited about this. I hope Days is safe for now because of this.

If OLTL goes to HD, that will be great too. They are the ugliest looking ABC soap.

• Members

This must bode well for the future of DAYS on NBC...1+ million dollar investment for a show that could be over September 2011? I don't think so. I really hope that's the case and that Corday has somehow locked in a multi-year renewal.

B&B has been shooting with HD cameras for at least a year, the new sets (Jackie's penthouse, the Spencer offices, Jackie M's offices, the renovated beach house) are most definitely suitable for HD. Forrester Creations is also likely good to go. But the Forrester mansion will need an overhaul if it's going to move to HD. I wonder if Ed Scott coming aboard the production team is all about helping B&B transition to HD.

• Members

All of those sets will need an overhaul and expansion. Visually, they may look good in HD, but Forrester Creations and the Mansion are so tight and alot of those sets will need depth. It won't be enough to shoot in HD. All of those sets will need an overhaul to avoid the supertight face shots, the booms smacking people in the face and the cameras creeping into shots or shooting offstage.

I can only hope Ed Scott will help the team transition to HD. Brad picked a great technical producer, someone quite similar to the way Jill Phelps works...great at spinning someone else's [!@#$%^&*] into gold.

• Members

I think that B&B is one of the best looking soaps on the air, but I always wondered why the sets were something out of ABC in terms of design. (Foyer to the left, living room to the right. Boring.)

Regarding Days- Their sets and lighting are so cheap that there is going to be major money put into this-

OLTL will look amazing if they expand their sets. The lighting is already HD level. The sets are simply too small and unimaginative. The only truly nice sets are Dorian's foyer, the kitchen at Llanfair- god I love that kitchen- Llanfair's library is nice, but its about 12 by 14 feet. Dorian's kitchen is a pretty cool set too. I have a hard time believing that ABC will put OLTL in HD, I just don't see this happening..

Archived