Blacks In Soaps or How To Be On a Daytime Drama For Years and Never Have a Real Storyline

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Does anyone know what "Politically Correct" really means anymore? When you're for something, I hear people against saying you're being Politically Correct. When you're against something, I hear people for saying you're being Politically Correct. I ask, because California, from where I'm sitting here in Connecticut where gay marriage is legal, doesn't seem to be all that politically correct as this Patsy Pease is claiming it to be. I never used the term in an argument for or against anything because I never really understood what it meant.

• Members

Yeah, I think she got her terminology jumbled. Her example of shutting down an interracial relationship is what I (and most people) would call politically incorrect. Y&R making the switch to faux furs in the '90s, politically correct.

• Members

Politically correct is one of those terms that's lost all meaning. Basically it means that somebody doesn't like the result and feels it favors some undeserving "other." When somebody who is used to being catered to discovers their needs and wants are no longer at the top of the agenda they tend to be the ones who use the term "politically correct."

• Members

Just look at the people who use it and the circumstances under which they use it. It's almost always someone complaining about being forced to think about someone or something they consider unimportant.

It's an out of date term that basically should've fallen by the wayside with "Show me the money."

Archived