GH: August Discussion Thread

• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I must say AL has been stiff and awkward in her scenes ( I liked her much better as Colleen). Am not feeling JMB at all, she only looks as if she can be Luke and Laura's kid. CD (wow am learning the cast names)I dunno, I see some potential there but I don't understand why they have Michael running around interupting everybody's sex scene I don't understand the connect. I guess somehow the story is suppposed to come full circle on "Carly" who by the way is still not my Carly. I like LW I see where she tries to be enteratining, but this is not Carly in any sense

• Members

The connect is Michael was raped in prison. It's been established through tacky dialogue with Max (who was gonna go out and purchase a hooker for Michael for his 18th birthday) that Michael is a virgin. So his first sexual encounter, being an extremely negative one, is being juxtaposed with examples of consensual, desirable sexual encounters. It's showing his inability to be comfortable around the idea of sex.

Oh, joyous day!! An LW supporter who still acknowledges -- like LW or not -- this is NOT Carly!! :D :D :D

• Members

Oh Ok didn't know he was raped guess I have to do a bit of digging,/ I missed that detail....

Yeah Carly was never this confident about being a b!tch, she mostly reacted and showed teeth but theres was always vulnerability. She wasn't tough in the way that LW depicts she was tough in a softer way (if anyone else can make sense of that)

Oh one of those things huh? :rolleyes: Are we smelling a rewrite?

Archived