GH: August Discussion Thread

• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Brenda in Rome is a waste of time. Maybe something else is to come, but so far I"m not feeling it.

He's always in jail but he's never treated like an inmate. He gets visitors 24/7, it's ridiculous. He isn't suffering the consequences at all! rolleyes.gif

ITA. I would to, and I loved them when they were first together. When they were on the run in 2008, i just thought they were so perfect for each other, and Lulu truly brought out the sweeter side of him.

• Members

Yep, its the politics of positioning their pets that will do GH in...

example I'm looking at Brenda promos

pimping their characters who weren't even on when Brenda had her run

so why not include a Brenda/Robin promo? Or at the very least Robin in her promos

like what the hell is Sam highlighted over Robin?

That is a historic friendship

I was surprised to see Jax got off Carly's lap to be in a Brenda promo

• Members

I don't get it...I mean, I thought maybe their would be a few scenes of her being like "Ehmygawd...I am a damsell like in distres...And I need a man!" and getting her ass on a plane..But i'm not feeling the whole dragged out rome experience. If they were going to have anything in rome, it should have ended after the guy wipped out that knife.

And yes, Lulu and Johnny back then were hot. I was hoping Johnny would open a music school for special needs children or something, because IMO he is too good for the mob, and Brandon is a great actor being wasted.

• Members

Batshit crazy Lisa is fantastic. Brianna Brown is doing great with this [!@#$%^&*].

Dumbed down? Wouldnt she have to have been, well not dumb, to start with?

i wont post the spoilers here, but brenda in rome has a point. let the stroy play out, at lest for more than a day, lol.

• Members

I have a feeling that as soon as RC got wind that VM was definitely coming back, she asked to have her story wrapped up as quickly as possible and then got the hell out of Dodge.

Losing out on the Emmy must still rankle. BTW, since she's willing to do soaps in LA, I *really* wish AMC would beg her to come back and get involved with the Chandlers and their fortune. Skye has had many father but I honestly believe that Adam was her "true" father figure. Robin and Canary were electric together.

• Members

Im loving crazy Lisa but Patrick is being so dumb here. She is getting too volatile and unpredictable and it would be best for him to just tell Robin what happened and deal with the consequences. What Lisa is donig is unacceptable and will only escalate. He needs to man up and take control before it gets dangerous

I want her back on AMC and for teh show to retcon that mess of rewrites done to her paternity since she left. Id settle for Althea having given Skye away after Adam initially dumpedher. They reunited andnot wanting to face his wrath or lose him if he found out she gave away his child, she decided to track the baby down and "adopt" her. I think thats an easy to make her a bio-Chandler again. They can even have JR have a minor setback and Annie's marrow not working bc she was only a partial match the last time. Skye as his half sibling would work alot better.

There was a time when she was smart and resourceful. Unfortunately those days seem to be long behind her

• Members

Right, i mean i gotta give credit where credit is due, she did tie sheets together strong enough to swing across a burning building to have sex with one man after she got done having sex with another one.

And she did marry men to pretty much steal their money and kill them. And the time she let a baby be kidnapped for her own personal gain, or hiring gunned men to scare a woman and her kids... really, this list is endless.

Such a smart and resourceful girl, that sam. Oh yeah, she was actually pretty resourceful during metro court, getting out, ill give her that.

LOL, i LOVE KeMo, but sam? No, not at all.

• Members

"Dragged out???" :unsure:

Has there been an evolutionary hiccup in soap fans where a story that spanned one and a half episodes is now considered to be "dragged out?"

This is how writing works. You set up the premise, establish the who and the what of the plot, introduce the conflict and then tell the story. I am no Brenda fan, but I would imagine her avid fans would like to have seen a glimpse of what she's been doing the last seven years as a character independent of Sonny/Jax/Jason, rather than her just show up on Sonny's doorstep "I need your help!!!" I enjoy the fact that there was follow up to the knife incident. It established the kind of jeopardy Brenda's in. It's not just some deranged fan, but it's a larger entity out to destroy her face over her political stance. The assailant was just a foot soldier, which will be why she needs to flee and go into hiding. I believe the audience deserved to see Brenda's post-2003 life and peril play out before just tossing her back to the Port Charles Mob. Now there's a visual and intellectual understanding about what danger Brenda's in.

If Guza does anything well, he knows how to start off a story. I say let's at least let him do that before it all goes down the crapper like every last story he's begun.

• Members

its too annoying. She cackles throughout her interviews and it was irritating hearing that here

Spinelli can barely contain himself. He looks way too excited to see Jason as if he just had an accident in his pants. I bet he loves that he's alone in a dark room with Jason. The prison setting only adds to the fantasy

• Members

EFF me HARD! "Brender's" return SUCKS, after all of the hoopla -- that she's now a 'goodwill ambassador" and the new Mother Teresa is bad enough. That she is supposed to be a goodwill ambassador and daydreaming about her role as a mob moll takes things to a brand new low. So she can't wait to get back to Sonny and give up her "good works"? Whatever. Her return actually makes Patrick and Lisa look interesting -- and I hate storylines about psychotic clinging stalking women who can't stay away from the men who hate them.

Claire and Sonny are giving me hives.

Sam is dumb as a stone (and as beautiful as KM is, that lighting is just not her friend).

I'm actually starting to like Michael.

BTW, if the set direction people are so attentive to detail, what's wrong with the writers? When Patrick opened the door to bounce Lisa and you could hear the dog backing in the background, I nearly flipped! The set folks to a really good job with the minor (not so minor) details. It stinks that the writing is so lousy that I am able to pay attention to those sort of things.

Archived