Bob Guza interview

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It was just another typical GH episode to me. Everything seems great on screen; well acted, directed, even well scripted, but when you take a moment to look at the big picture it's one big old contrived mess.

It's sad how GH is seemingly the best soap, simply because the others are dog s-h-i-t by comparison. I am grateful though, as a soap fan, that at least there is still a soap that is still well acted, directed, and well scripted these days.

• Members

You have people who just don't care about acting, a lot of people who think they can act but really can't, a lot of people who stopped doing anything but hammy tics years ago, some actresses who tend to resort to sneers or smirks, and then some people who can act and do what they can.

• Members

If you want a well acted scene, you pretty much need Constance Towers, John Ingle, Tony Geary or Jane Elliot. The rest are all pretty hit and miss..and miss and miss. Sometimes they have a good scene here and there. Jonathan Jackson and Nathan Parsons are ok and can hang with the above crew.

• Members

I couldn't have said it better. I want romance, family dynamics, friendships, social issues, ripe drama, and humor. I don't want mob members, constant crime and violence with the entire show based around that crime and violence. And I know it's opinion, but I think OLTL and AMC offer most of those on their worst days better than the GH of today could ever dream to. Well...maybe not the romance. I'm finding none of the soaps really encapsulate "love in the afternoon" anymore. :(

• Members

I don't need romance and family issues. Edge Of Night I think was probably the best written soap ever and their theme was murder mysteries and crime dramas. The problem with GH for me is the mob genre. It is passé. It was a tired genre ten years ago and there is nothing left to do with it. That's why even Pacino and DeNiro don't make those movies anymore. (that and they are 900 years old)

Every soap doesn't have to be the same, I just wish GH would choose a new way to be different.

Archived