Plus belle la vie

Sylph

• Members

I do speak several. blush.gif And the word you're seeking is polyglot. And don't ask me how I watch because it's usually by download, direct links not torrents, sometimes they put them up on video streaming websites (and no, I don't have a single one, I just Google it and sometimes I'm lucky to find what I seek)... Often it's various other methods. And then I also read about them and keep track, and it's exhausting especially when they suck.

I'm currently totally back to my utter fascination with France, LOL, yesterday I took the latest edition of Le Grevisse and that book is so much fun. laugh.gif (It's basically a 1500-page grammar book.)

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

FrenchFan, don't you have that cop show, that is billed as the French version of The Wire? The name escapes me, but I know the last 2 seasons has aired over here, and it seemed pretty good. I really wish I could remember the name.

Sylph: Now, I'm intrigued! Do you speak many languages b/c of your job, or just out of interest/culture or whatever? And I commend you for keeping up with so many shows; that can be extremely time consuming.

• Members

There was a French primetime soap in the 80s called "Chateauvallon".

It was a kind of pan-European answer to Dallas and Dynasty. The show was produced in France and the story took place in a French village, but several tv stations from other European countries were involved in the project. For example, with Ugo Pagliai and Claude-Oliver Rudolph there were an Italian and a German actor in the main cast.

Chateauvallon focused on the feud of two families. One of them owned a newspaper. The show started with the anniversary celebration of the newspaper, but then the dead body of journalist is found.

I have always thought that the show was cancelled because it wasn't popular. But several weeks ago I learned that the main star Chantal Nobel had a terrible accident. She was so heavily injured that she left acting and the producers had to drop the plan to produce a second season.

Archived