GH: July Discussion Thread

• Members

Oh my, wasn't he horrid? I watched the interview with that guy and Franco and they both sounded stoned. You could have a shooter game with the word "layers". Anyone spoiler free wouldn't have the slightest idea that the guy was a comedian who makes fun of soap sterotypes. The thing with symbolism is that it only works when everyone is in on the code.

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have to agree. This hasn't lived up to the expectations I had for it.

As a person who has never heard of Franco until last fall when he came on GH, I have to say that his time on this show has him completely exposed. He's a bland, boring actor.

I knew he was gayer than a clutch purse on Tony night when he was "singing" Route 66 couple weeks ago. I was like "this is the best representation we can get?"

Don't you mean "drag?" Because I don't know what the hell that was, but it wasn't drag, child. <_<

• Members

Exactly - and unless you visited one of the other main spoiler sites for GH you'd never know. He's one of Franco's BFFs in r/l and that's his schtick. The significants was totally lost because that wasn't highlighted. At least most of us knew Franco's real mother was going to play his mother. But this guy had no obvious connection. The twitty blond chick who was going on about Franco's "art" made more sense, and she was merely an extra.

• Members

This is stupid. Sorry.

I wish, for once, someone could do an effective soap parody or an effective take off of soaps that makes fun of, not only the stereotypes, but actual scenes from the show. What I wouldn't give to see someone effectively parody pregnant, crazy Ashley randomly rambling on in the back seat of that limo on Y&R or someone do their best Giggly Heffa or Cassie Layne.

• Members

SNL and GH seem to have the same view of black men...if their shows are blending together can they please get Nora Dunn in a short term role as Lisa's nasty mother or something, or Helena's long lost daughter? And how about Jan Hooks in a comedy story which helps bring Tiffany or Lucy back for a few weeks?

• Members

I couldn't even get through it - that's not a soap parody. Not sure exactly what it is besides a talent-less gay guy playing dress-up. To do a real parody of soaps, first the person has to have intelligence and charisma, but aside from that they have to love this medium and truly understand it's nuance. This guy obviously doesn't get that.

Luckily it was short lived and it's done.

I do believe we are having a little bit more next week though. Probably the standard Monday repeating of Friday's ending.

Archived