OLTL: Discussion for the week June 28

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I love some animals: pigs, cows, chickens, turkeys. :)

But I mean, come on, you risk injury and damage to your car (which costs a lot to fix), just because you wanted to save some small animal that was crossing the road? Or say if there's a deer on the road and there's a car behind you. What do you do? You run over the deer because if you stop your car, there's a good chance the car behind you will smash into your car. If you hit the deer, there's less damage to the car and you don't get hurt. It's just more sensible. :) Of course it depends on the situation (no car behind you, no oncoming car in the opposite, if you can avoid killing the animal, do it).

And in this situation, Starr needed the car to pay off the bad guy. Stupid Starr. RUN OVER THE ANIMAL! LOL

• Members

You must not live in deer country. If you hit that deer going full speed you will almost certainly total your car and there is every chance the deer will come through the windshield and kill you. Actually, that can happen even if you manage to hit the breaks. Where I grew up deer generally killed at least one person a year in that manner. Also, the car behind you is also most likely f*cked in either scenario. Deer aren't like rabbits or even dogs. You don't just hit one and keep on trucking along. Just saying. happy.gif

• Members

There were lots of them in the brush next to the highway I would take to college. It's no laughing matter. I agree with you Juliajms. A deer can easily kill you if you crash into it. You dont get hurt Toups...you have a big chance of not getting out alive.

• Members

If you sideswipe one I think you would probably be ok. Plenty of people live to tell the tale of hitting deer of course, but it's something people take seriously. Especially since they have a tendency to jump out of wooded areas without any warning and they often move in family units. I do wonder what a driving instructor would advise in the scenario you mentioned. Car behind you and deer in front, I mean. My instinct would be to hit the break and hope the person behind me had the presence of mind to swurve (and the sense not to tailgate).

• Members

I am starting to like Ford again. :blush:

I even said "awww" when he told Langston he had to tell her something, please tell me I am not the only one falling for this... :lol:

Hell, a Ford/Langston pairing doesn't seem that bad anymore if Ford chases after Langston to win her trust back.

*dodges bullets*

• Members

The problem is I don't care about Langston. She's just a generic, unpleasant nobody of a character at this point. The only reasons I ever cared about her were because of Markko and Dorian, and the show has deemed both of those relationships unworthy.

Archived