OLTL: Discussion for the week June 28

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm doing my best to remain spoiler free for the shows I still have the stomach to watch so I lOVED not knowing what to expect. What a great big WTF! I don't get the motive, either, THO'... it does seem odd that Eli was so quick to help Tea get away from Ross. He kicked Ross aside without so much as a blink of an eye. Has he been building up some sort of twisted plan that will snare Starr and eventually get Dani caught up in all of this in as a way of huring Todd? I like the twist so I hope the writers don't goof this up. It has potential.

You're most likely right, but it would only make me root for Eli, as long as he doesn't hurt any of 'the kids'. If the writers do something crazy, like tie this back to Mitch Laurence and Rex, or some other disappointing link, I'll have to root for Tood to take them all out. Don't do that to me writers.

+1 I hadn't thought of it that way. The writers seem to treat this as Blair's comeuppance when she runs from her relationship with Todd immediately into some other man's bed. What crud.

• Members

Blair and Eli are one of the only working couples on this show - I count maybe three or four, or five (Viki and Charlie, Bo and Nora, Cris and Layla, Brody and Jessica). They were a surprise hit with the audience. Matt Walton is hot and can act. So what do they do? Make him Spencer Special Dark. Now we know why I watch on YouTube these days. Unbearable.

• Members

Given the increasing level of contempt for women David seems to have on every return (the latest being hee hee, ha ha, let's have Matthew go find a hooker), I'm not that surprised. I just wish David could stay away.

• Members

I don't normally watch but was alerted that David and Ford had a great scene together with the fur flying, and they were funny. How bitchy can they be??? David Vickers is always funny and he going on about not everybody can be sexy like he can only for Ford to tell him he was last year's model..it is like something out of bad Dynasty fanfic and that is what made it so great. I think this is the first time I really have seen Ford in a scene, and how can people dislike him??? He had all his disses lined up in a row and had David in a panic about a sagging diaper effect in his speedos! What more do people need?!?

• Members

It made me think back to the end of David's first run, when they had that weird story where Kelly used him to get back at Dorian and Joey and then he tried to force himself on her and she hit him over the head and thought he had died and all the rest. If that story was on now would it be how David was just trying to prove his love for Kelly?

On the show these days, with a few exceptions, if you treat a woman badly (Rex, John, Todd, Ford, etc.) that means you are a hero, and the true victim. If you treat a woman decently (Ross, Eli, Sky, etc.) that means you are actually psycho and/or evil and you're just a big con. You can tell who the real men are by the way they openly treat women like garbage.

Archived