ALL: They Almost Became

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I think she could have passed - Susan Diol didn't look that much younger, and she was supposed to be a hardened, longtime con artist.

I do have to admit I kind of laughed when she went on in the interview about how even though she was in her late 30's, she could pass for her 20's, or even younger without makeup, and she just can't help that. Cat is and was beautiful but IMO she could NOT pass for her 20's by that time (this was 1993).

• Members

i would have loved to seen hickland as GL's mindy lewis! leave it to jfp to think she was all wrong for the role but instead gave us ann hamilton and barbara crampton who were BOTH 'wrong' for the role! the only recast role JFP ever got right on GL was liz kiefer as blake imo!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

In a January 81 SOD article,Allen Fawcett,then playing Kelly on EON said he had a 10 week holding option at Y&rR while they waited to see if a particular actor would depart.he didn't and Fawcett then tested for Edge.

I can't think of a role that Fawcett would have been right for at that time at Y&R.

• Members

Michael Brainard (ex-Joey, AMC) auditioned for David Rampal, which went to Trent Bushey: http://pinevalleybulletin.com/Features/InterviewBrainard.html

Michael was relieved to outlast Trent storwise and duration wise with the show. It was unfortunate that he was let go as Joey. He and Michael Knight had a wonderful chemistry, and he was quiet the looker when he showed up on Santa Barbara.

Bill Timoney (ex-Alfred, AMC) auditioned for many roles while an under-five, most notably Tad Martin and Wally McFadden: http://pinevalleybulletin.com/Features/InterviewTimoney.html

He used to be the fill-in for Matt Anton as Tad when the actor had school conflicts during rehearsal times.

and my dear Carmen Thomas-Paris actually auditioned for Ryan's Hope when AMC took her in. She never even came to NYC for an audition. She taped her screen test in Georgia.