May 31 - June 4, 2010

Toups

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

These ratings are just horrible. GH just a month ago had 2,658,000 total viewers. Now look at it- and the summer slow down is just starting. I know they expect great things with Franco and Vanessa both coming back, but I have my doubts for sustainable increases in viewership. Franco was a bust last time IMO. JJ returning was supposed to bring back the legions of Liz/Lucky fans but I haven't seen them. Now at least the focus will be less Michael, but will go from Franco, Franco, Franco in July to Brenda, Brenda, Brenda come August.

• Members

Bell shows are hanging on but B&B is falling apart ranking near the 2.1 danger point. Was just thinking about how bad ATWT ratings would have been without B&B as a lead in. Most shows get some sort of carry over when following a 'hit' but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

OLTL seems to be doing pretty well and especially in demos. I guess the KISH story was turning off viewers. I am starting to wonder if gay stories really work on daytime. Soap viewes seem to be a different breed and I wonder how the typical str8 stay at home wife really feels about queer story. Soaps are all about fantacy but for a lot of these people Nuke might be more like their worse nightmare. Also, the male demos -are really bad for ATWT and, until Nuke, they were always at number 3 or 4. A gay guy like me loves it but a born again soccer mom might flip the channel.

• Members

Will a lot of viewers really want to watch day in and day out of Pentonville, smug asexual Lante and the 40 year old vixen with the bad accent, Liz being even dumber than usual, and day after day of "Sonny is verbally abusive but he doesn't mean to be."

JJ's return has been a bust, he has had nothing to do other than sometimes give self-righteous lectures and cry. They destroyed anything that was left of L&L2 and the only other option is a series of women who barely have a character to play (Claire, Maya) or a Spinelli appendage (Maxie) on a show that doesn't know how to do romance anyway.

Franco's first story caused a ratings dive and I'm not sure this time will be any different.

I'm sure Vanessa Marcil might bring in some viewers but probably nowhere near as many as she did the last time. A lot of those fans have moved on for good, and Jason, the guy the show will probably twist Brenda into a pretzel to pair him with, has become a humdrum hulk of nothing.

Archived