ABC Soap Stars Music Video

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I remember seeing that with my jaw wide open. I'm not a big fan of the way Raines sings, but he *can* and has had an impressive Broadway career. Which leads to my question--with so many people in daytime who have had huge musical theatre careers, why did they pick Eva??? (I do think they musta had a lack of rehearsal too--Eden Reigel should know better than to come in off key... Ricky has a hard time finding his key too, and he got good reviews with Grease so should be able to handle that...)

OK and everyone on here knows I worship Kylie Mingoue--WHY is Eva singing a showtune version of one of her songs?? And where's Michael Park who every critic thought stole the show when he sang I Got Your Number in the Martin Short revival of Little Me??

• Members

Ron Raines reminds me of the South Pacific Broadway commercial they show here in New York: Once you have found her NEHHH-VERRR-LEHHHT-HERRR GOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

On Lucci's page on another message board there's a thread titled, "Who told this bitch she could sing?" OMG I am dying just thinking about it, it cracks me up every time.

• Members

Yeah, he's a little too George Hearn for this role. Hinton Battle played Billy when I saw it, he was just so-so. That girl playing Velma has a great body. I saw it with Bebe Neuwirth (who I later met and embarrassed myself in front of :rolleyes: ). And who is that as Roxie? I thought it was Carol Burnett or Reba McEntire at first. :lol: Karen Ziemba played the part when I saw it.

• Members

I'm shocked that Frons didn't shove his OWN image in the video, somehow. Makes you wonder if these are the actors he loves, or hates. Given the quality of daytime, it sounds silly to ask - but I will, how could anyone not know how cheese-tacular that video is? I almost love it because it is so shockingly bad. Once again soap stars put their faith in ABC brass, just to be beaten down by it.

Heck yeah! This is the one time I wouldn't mind seeing Steve Burton on screen. Nekkid towel scenes just don't go far enough.

Geez, I don't watch awards shows any more but I can see why Eva LaRue wanted out of daytime. :lol:

• Members

I lucked out when I saw Chicago--the first national tour with an amazing Charlotte D'Amboise as Roxie and a perfect Brent Barrett as Billy (yes the man who murdered Jenny on AMC). At the time a second cast opened on tour, with Alan Thicke as Billy--so glad I didn't see that.

Ron Raines doesn't have a voice I'd listen to but he's more than good enough for most musicals, etc (I agree Billy isn't the right fit).

How I wish someone had made a disco album for Susan Lucci

Archived