Your favorite ATWT moments through the years

• Members

In 1991? Yes. In 1997, after Lily married one man whose mother-in-law drugged her and almost killed her and then married a lunatic who was shot dead on their wedding day? I think by then it would have been kind of bizarre for Lucinda to see Holden as a major threat to Lily's happiness. I think that story was played out by the last few years of Marland's run.

I think there was other potential for dramatic potential with Lucinda, it's just that no one at the show bothered, aside from ridiculous and confusing rewrites like David Stenbeck.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Okay, I couldn't sit through all those phone calls in that clip (though I do love how Marland tied everyone together and scenes through the use of phones, such an easy device but no other writer did it as well and it really helped tie the storylines together, now the characters are so isolated0 so who actaully DID kill the dreaded Carolyn Crawford?

• Members

Agree, and I like their friendship, both have seen the worst of each other but have made ammends..very ATWT (and having Lucinda hate Holden still, would be like having Nancy ragging on Lisa after all these years.) the power of family and forgiveness. Plus, slightly slouching, bad hair do Holden was not quite the same threat as tight jean wearing, looking like he would hump anything, great hair Holden.

• Members

It was some minor flunkie or thug, I think. No one important.

I loved the way that we would see so many characters getting news and reacting to news. It was so true to life and it drew me into ATWT. Soaps started finding that type of thing boring and thinking people just wanted to see stunts, stunts, stunts, and ratings crashed.

• Members

It was Daryl Crawford's business partner and Carolyn Crawford's dearest friend. He is on one of the clips I posted in a previous page. Marland was going to make Daryl the killer but he changed his mind at the last minute.

• Members

While it would have been more dramatic, especially after having to sit through the damn thing, and Rex Smith always came off as insincere and sleazy to me (not to mention, there was no way he was the same age as Margo...why even introduce that when it was plain he was younger then Dolan..) I would have to agree, after having Frannie almost marry one murderer it would have been overkill. I know near the end they introduced this, but the instead of Frannie blightly believing in her husband she should have been suspicious from the start, given her past.

That kills me that they put Frannie in that bad, Quaker Factory sweater to receive phone calls from blackmailers!

• Members

LOL! No offense Ruxton, but skinny, with bad feathered hair..not so much for me! To each his own. Plus, I couldn't get over the fact that it was Rex Smith, not Darryl Crawford, "Handsome Harry," (and why would any teenagers who are not living in 1923 give a friend a nickname like that?? Plus you KNOW Margo, at least Margret Colin's Margo, was a stoner in high school, giving blow jobs in her friends basement, not calling people Handsome Harry!

• Members

Thishful winking.

I wasn't allowed to hang anything on my walls. It would have ruined the lovely early-American decor my mother had chosen. I had bookcases and a stereo and records, though. I never actually thought about putting stuff on my walls. It wasn't, like, an issue or anything.

• Members

http://www.soap-news.com/atwt/c/carolyncrawford.htm

Carolyn Crawford

Significant Relatives:

- Carolyn Dana Crawford (daughter)

- Nate DeWitt (father)

Played by:

- Leslie Denniston (1990 to 1991)

Romantic Entanglements:

- Gavin Krueger (lovers)

- Phillippe Van Doren (first husband)

- Darryl Crawford (married)

Miscellaneous:

- No known relation to Maggie Crawford.

- Killed by George Jessup. Murder was ordered by Anthony Harper and Gavin Krueger.

• Members

It took me a year, maybe, to realize "Darryl Crawford" was the guy in that poster. Rex Smith did not age well. It made me wonder how I was doing, looking-my-age-wise. I saw him in WEST SIDE STORY at the Kennedy Center in 1985, and I didn't connect "Darryl Crawford" with "Tony," either.

• Members

Here he is with his son. Man does the son look like him!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Archived