OLTL: Discussion for the week May 31

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Leave it to Queen Victoria, the calm mind of reason, she'll get everyone in line.

"Destiny OUT!" :rolleyes::lol: Doesn't Destiny have better things to do than protecting the feelings of her unrequited crush? I agree that there's something creepy about Nate which almost feels like overkill given Ford.

Those closeups of Bo sipping a bloody Mary with tomato juice clinging to his chest and arm hair turned my stomach. :wacko: He definitely earned his paycheck that day.

So, is that it for now as far as Rex's search for his parents is concerned? Assuming what he learned was true, he can't be Bo's son, right? Bo would have chimed in having heard Rex's story. I missed some AZ scenes that could have had "crucial" info. Is it possible that the man was Clint? Seems like most men already on the show are too young to be Rex's dad. A teen David max.

• Members

That was hilarious. So many quotable lines and great moments: "This has only been done once, and that was in North Korea." Natalie bitchslapping Roxy over and over, something that, let's face it, she's had coming for some time. Bo telling Rex "I took a bullet for you" when Rex was nagging him. Rex's deadpan "gross" when Bo said he'd marry Nora if she crawled out of a landfill. Erika Slezak's many, many reaction shots and lines. And yes, even Farah Fath, for all her bullshit, is still, IMO, a brilliant comedienne - I've always liked her dry wit, and I loved when she raised some awful garment when Viki said they were going to find something for Nora, and she just said, "Are we, Viki?" Their roles today were where Rex and Gigi used to excel - as supporting players, with their own story, perhaps, but not anything frontburner and "epic."

Blair's stuff was also wonderful. I thought all her stuff today was a capsule summation of the character, and why she's more important to the show than she's often given credit for. She's made a life for herself, she's devoted to her family, she's mostly reformed for her children, but in the end she is still just on the outskirts of polite Llanview society and she still chafes about it just like she did in 1992, or like Dorian still does. KDP plays that spite perfectly, but it's not cold, it's hilarious. "I am a friend to all and an enemy to none!" Classic Cramer line. Please ignore the John/Kelly chem test - what a snooze, though I'd give anything to get him away from Nat.

It's a shame the show can't have this much heart and wit everyday. It wasn't so long ago it did, even with some very bad stories, but since they started cutting all the minorities the show has taken a turn for the worse. Its life seems to be ebbing away, and we're just getting glimpses of good-hearted fun or brilliance now - like today. Yeah, as for Nate and Danielle, I have nothing to say. She's just like her mother - she wants creeps. The way Dani was vacillating on Matt today reminded me of how Tea did R.J. and Andrew, shifting 'em for Todd.

• Members

Bo and Noras wedding has been hilarious soo far! Im loving every second of it except for Gigi. Since when are her and Nora so close that she will be in the wedding party?

Speaking of the new mid-show bumpers, Natalies is the best. I like Starrs too. But yea they gotta do more for the rest of the cast.

• Administrator

Another great episode! Bo in the tub and then Rex pouring the tomato sauce on his head. :lol: Natalie/Roxy. :lol: Oh and Natalie looked pretty sexy with those protective eye glasses. :wub:

LOL! They've flashbacked to that so many times.

• Members

Today was good - it's been a long time since I've watched, and I liked what I saw... they have a long way to go though... I hope they put the effort into saving this show, it's worth it.

Archived