OLTL: Discussion for the week May 31

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No, I'm not (especially when it comes to things other than soaps). You can't be a Quolaholic (GUIDING LIGHT) if you're negative.

I am a traditionalist, though. If it means I'll be accused of living in the past from now until the day I leave this Earth, that's fine; but I'm someone who believes that what worked on soaps "back in the day" could still work today, if TPTB weren't so damned busy running this entire business into the ground.

• Members

That's interesting Khan because when Matthew presented Bo's clothes I got a mini lump in my throat from Bo's reaction which is one of those things I'm only used to from the good old days.

I think this episode did a nice job of wrapping up the wacky with some touching moments. Though I thought it was awkward that John said, "To Bo and Nora" and then they cut to the women just saying, "To Nora." Still, Rachel's absence lost it points.

• Members

I thought the old clothes were a nice touch because those were some of the happiest times Bo and Nora ever had. Nora's life in particular has been one disaster after another since then. I can see why they would both like to go back.

• Members

Nick Adams! I can see that (I lost any remnants of respec I had for Mario after what he did to Chorus Line--I mean he even made them reblock some of Michael Bennett's original classic staging to give him more on stage time (He devliered a lot fo the lines that are meant to be just a voice at the back of the theatre, on stage, got to be the first dancer in One, etc) what a talentless diva (he performed vastlly simplified choreography)

• Members

I've never understood why someone whose only success was Saved by the Bell seems to have such an attitude. I remember when he was on Dancing With the Stars, he would rarely do the dances given for that week, he would just do what he wanted and pass himself off as a rebel, and flirt with his partner, Karina. Then in the freestyle he basically relegated her to video ho status so he could show off his hip-hop moves. I was very amused when they lost to Emmitt Smith and Cheryl Burke, and Mario and Karina had a hissy fit.

• Members

Nick Adams! Yes, that's the guy. I just Google'd to get a pic of the face I'm talking about and there all of these pics with his butt out. Okay, so he played the dance captain. I actually know a guy who played the dance captain back in the early '80s. I can't believe that mirror masturbator Mario Lopez, [!@#$%^&*] like that disgusts me.

• Members

Carl, I saw an ep of DWTS where they were rehearsing and the camera caught him canoodling her and he PUSHED her away! That really rubbed me the wrong way as I caught a friend do the exact same thing to a girl at a party, he was dating one of our other friends at the time.

• Members

I have a friend who worked at the theatre where Chorus Line played, and he was beyond un professional--would do stuff like ignore call times and show up just minutes before getting on stage, he missed TWO of his cues too cuz he was busy talking on his cell, used to break character sometimes and play up his fame to the audience when he first walks through the auditorium, etc, etc

Archived