OLTL: Discussion for the week May 31

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have been loving these wedding episodes. :wub: The best part? No Todd. See? You can have entertaining episodes without the prince of smirk. I wonder how much larger the new wedding clothes REALLY were. This is the longest June 1st I've ever seen and it's wonderful.

• Members

I know. :mad: Poor Rach probably doesn't even get a copy of the freakin' wedding video. They couldn't bring her back for one freakin' day? It wasn't so bad when Van was Nora's surrogate daughter because she spent so much time with Van and they had so much in common, I could see Nora missing Rachel and thinking of Van as the next best thing. Why would Nora give a crap about Gigi?

You know, I've never been much of a Bo and Nora fan, but I have to admit that I get warm fuzzies now that they're back together. If feels like it was always supposed to be that way. Ducking while typing, I wish Viki and Clint would get back together. Love Charlie, but I want Viki and Clint.

• Members

+1.

Why they wont give Dan Gauthier a contract is beyond me. Kevin could be a real rival for Todd, and had they kept Rachel they could have revisited that couple. Maybe even involve Marty. :(

Gigi has no place on this show, yet she continues to be pushed down our throats. So no suprise she is Nora's bridesmaid :rolleyes:

• Members

I finally watched most of the last few episodes and they were as much fun as you all said they would be. My favorite moments were Natalie being slap happy (then Nora saying she'd deck Natalie if Natalie slapped her), Blair asking for this and that and some more in exchange for singing, Brody's jeans, and Roxy making out with the dental college student. And I LOVED the corny but sentimental touch of Bo and Nora wearing their same wedding outfits from 1995 (and of course they fit!). That type of thing is what Ron Carlivati does best as a writer.

Bo and that tomato juice bath was like something out of The Shining :o

• Members

Glad someone brought up the wedding outfits. Why on Earth would anyone want to wear the same wedding outfit(s) they wore to their last wedding? Last time I checked, Bo and Nora's first go-round as husband and wife didn't end too happily. IMO, wearing the outfit(s) from the first trip down the aisle is like inviting bad luck to pull up a chair and enjoy the floor show.

• Administrator

3 good episodes in a row! The way I look at the old wedding outfits is, it was time when they were first in love, one of the their happiest times together. You're such a pessimist, Khan. :P

• Members

Someone asked about Kevin and Joey... I think at one point David mentioned that Kevin and Joey and Cord didn't want to come to the wedding... I think because of Nora and Clint breaking things off... in a way its understandable, sometimes family things become conflicts of interest.

• Members

I liked them wearing the same outfits which I'm sure a lot of us immediately recognized from the promos, Nora's dress in particular. What I like is that instead of going for a totally new moment, they're honoring the couple's already iconic moment. A different approach to say Cliff and Nina's multiple marriages after their first iconic one (black and white Tavern on the Green being a personal favorite :P ).

Archived