Degrassi: The Next Generation

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Looks like they're biting off of Gossip Girl a little harder this season.

Whatshername, green sweater @0:28, that hair really ages her.

How is that guy calling the asian boy "Mr. Gay" when he's talking to "Mr. Gay"? That's pretty tacky.

Wow, all of the new faces to me already look older, I need to get on the ball and catch up! Not a vet to be found in that promo btw.

• Members

Yeah they are, especially with this whole Manhattan Prep School story arc.

Holly J, and I agree.

Well actually only 3 people know that Riley is gay, Peter, Zane and Anya, everyone else thinks he is straight and just doesnt date Degrassi girls.

You can ask me, I know all of the new characters, their stories, etc. ;)

And Spinner is the only vet left, I think they are finally cutting the cord and letting all traces of the originals go. Which needs to be done IMO.

• Members

Where are you getting all these spoilers/previews from? I'm extremely curious about the new season, so I've been looking for more hints, but I'm finding nothing.

Yeah. @SFK: Zane is Riley's openly gay friend from yoga class. Riley had (or "has," as the promo shows) feelings for him, but he wasn't sure if Zane was gay or not (which is totally realistic - you never want to assume any guy you like is gay, even when he sets off the 'dar). Anya picked up on Riley's crush, and so he came out to her and she convinced him to try it out with Zane. Zane and Riley went up to some construction site that was closed for the day and (in a very hot in a subtle way) scene, Riley came out to Zane. Some drama took place dealing with Riley's sorta contrived anger management issues and his apprehension towards being more open about his sexuality, but they shared a little kiss after an LGBT mixer at that club that happens to be on the second floor of the building that is home to The Dot (because I refuse to refer to it as "Peter's club, Above the Dot," because I'm supposed to believe that Peter's ignint ass is a whiz at business management even though he's STILL IN HIGH SCHOOL and probably can't even master pre-calculus? yeah, whatever, show).

So it looks like this new guy catches on to Riley's growing friendship with the openly gay Zane, so he pressures Riley into owning up to his feelings and uses it as blackmail. I don't know what the guy wants from Riley, though, and if the guy wants to tap Riley's Greek behind, too, then Degrassi will have officially "went there" in regards to the LGBT issues.

Edited by All My Shadows

• Members

http://degrassiblog.com/degrassi-season-10-news/

http://www.tv.com/degrassi-the-next-generation/show/6810/forums.html?tag=fresh_forums;forums

The only things I really know about the new season are the new characters: Drew, Bianca, Fitz, Eli, and Adam. The Adam transgendered arc (which I figured from the actress cast for the role/Carnival promo), and just basic stuff from the promos.

You want pics of the new characters? I can find them and post them.

• Members

Here are the new Season 10 Characters:

Drew

carnival1.jpg?w=500&h=272

Guy on the left with the white shirt, red suspenders.

Bianca

carnival3.jpg?w=477&h=272

Adam

carnival2.jpg?w=500&h=272

Fitz

carnival6.jpg?w=477&h=272

Eli

carnival7.jpg?w=500&h=275

I also follow Stephen Stohn (exec producer) on Twitter, and he gives a little bit of info every now and then.

Edited by Eric83

• Members

Oooh, thanks. I found pictures of two of the newbies (besides Adam) here. Eli looks a lot like Zane.

ETA: Oh...hellooooo, Fitz. I was wondering who that was in the promo. He's the only new one I hadn't heard about already. What's the actor's name?

And I really thought the guy with Riley in the promo was Zane. I figured the idea was that Riley's the tough athletic guy, but he's not as strong as Zane in regards to dealing with sexuality. So three of these characters are gonna look alike to me, not to mention Anya and Holly J. who still confuse me all the time. Funtimes ahead, this season.

Edited by All My Shadows

• Members

I wrote a long post yesterday and my Internet flaked and I lost it. :angry:

But THANK YOU guys for the info! I must say, I'm pretty hopeless at remembering characters' names on this show, I'm forever calling Liberty "Destiny" yet I can remember that her name is Sarah Barrable-Tishauer (now there's a mouth full o' vowels, would love to see those pics you're talking about btw :lol: ). And this Riley guy for example, could never remember his name yet could picture his very Greek-looking last name in the opening credits.

That Fitz person looks like he just said the word "Fitz", good casting. :lol: And Eli looks like Justin Bieber's stoned lil' bruvuh. Okay, the girl in the blue dress, she has the kid and had sex with the hockey player, I think she is so pretty but she's looking housed in that picture.

Are Sav and his sister still saving themselves? One of the last episodes I saw was when they went on a camping trip and she was trying to get laid in the tent (I know, I know, that was probably like three seasons ago).

And LOL at your Peter rant AMS!

(I wish I was a member of the Degrassi family. :( )

:lol: (yet still kinda serious...)

• Members

I remember when the show first debuted in the States, I always referred to the characters by things other than their names too. I only remembered that Liberty was played by Sarah B-T because Barrable sounds like "variable" and Liberty was supposed to be the very smart/dorky girl then, so I made the connection between algebra and her lol Riley Stavros is played by Argiris Karras. Every time I see his name, I think of Webster.

I have no clue about Sav and Alli. I really haven't taken to Alli at all, so I don't even care about her. She had some storyline movement in the fist half of season nine, so I'm sure things happened with her there. I'm pretty sure Sav has already had sex, but I'm not sure about that either.

I'll never forget those pictures though :lol: Liberty was booty-popping like an all-star.