Degrassi: The Next Generation

• Members

Wow, that's gonna take forever. And it's only for a few hours each night? Jeez.

Ugh. He would, too. I saw him on MTV's new show "When I Was 17," and he NEVER spoke a single word about the show. They showed pictures of it, but he never said a thing about it. The little thing at the bottom of the screen said he was 17 in 2003-2004, which was like...a year or two before the height of the show's popularity. There was no reason for him to act like it wasn't a major part of his life then.

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I don't want to sound like a hater, but when people go crazy for this dude it just drives me up the wall. It seems SO obvious to me that he is beyond full of himself, not to mention 100% thug-free. The sad thing is, he doesn't even need the support of his Degrassi fans at this point, but how abominable of him to downplay his involvement with that series, it's not like he was some dayplayer, he was one if its freaking STARS. We have another Marky Mark on our hands.

Okay, I guess I'm REALLY bad AMS, I must have meant his very Greek-looking FIRST name, but yes, Karras, Ma'am and George! ^_^

• Members

Gotcha, do the parents know? :lol: Ha, Saving himself, why didn't I think of that earlier? ^_^ I see he cut his hair, he used to remind me of the guy from those Wen hair care infomercials.

Alli reminded me of Hazel a bit, they had a similar vibe. Honestly, I didn't really care for either sibling, I think I had a bit of a backlash towards all the newbies, but what are you gonna do, it's a high school show.

• Members

Hell no. LOL :lol:

Their parents are strict Muslims, they would kill them if they found out their kids were having sex. They are already trying to set Sav up for an arranged marriage.

Alli had a little "sexting" fiasco earlier last season also.

Edited by Eric83

• Members

Alli does kinda remind me of Hazel now that you've brought it up. Hazel was older when she was introduced (well, a year older, but that makes a world of difference in high school) and not centered on as much, so Alli has more personality, and unfortunately, her personality sucks.

I do remember her losing her virginity now. I think there was a genital warts scare of something like that. Her and Johnny broke up after she (STUPIDLY, and this is part of why I can't stand her) texted him naked pictures of herself and he went and sent them to others. I hated that whole thing because I really, really do not get the point of having sex with a guy and then sending him naked pictures. He's already seen what you're working with, there's no reason to be a tease. Old dumb ass.

• Members

LMAO.

Her reasoning was that she said she didn't feel right when she had sex with Johnny and wanted to wait awhile before having sex again, and the sexting was to "spice" up their relationship.

And I remember the genital warts thing too, she was looking it up in the middle of the class. I'm sorry, but if I thought I had herpes I would not be searching about in the middle of class for anyone to see.

Edited by Eric83

• Members

Genital warts?? :o *clutches Grandma's pearls while they're still around her neck* Wow, this show ain't afraid to tackle nothin'.

LMAO at the sexting commentary. I *know someone* (I promise not me but I'm purposely keeping it vague) who had the fear of the Lord struck in them when their boyfriend/girlfriend passed away and there were undoubtedly naughty pics and vids saved on the deceased's phone/computer and he/she had no access to these electronics. *Mortified*.

• Members

Was just gonna say, looks like they moved on up to the '90s and beyond. Isn't it going to be kind of confusing have multiple episodes with the same title? Oh well, I guess not really, "99 Problems A", "99 Problems B" or whatever.

I thought it was 5 shows a week, so it's just two? I wonder how this is all going to turn out, if by chance there will be a dip in quality and if that will immediately be attributed to the writers "spreading themselves too thin."

• Members

I wonder what the rules are on using those song titles, if they have to pay or if titles are fair use when the actual music isn't involved. Maybe they were afraid that at four shows a week it would have been MORE confusing having too many titles, but if that's the case they might as well have just used one title per week. At any rate, I've never found the titles for this show that helpful anyway, they aren't terribly descriptive and seem like they could apply to any one of the myriad of problems these kids face. :lol: I think in Friends-style titles anyway, e.g., "The one where Joey, Snake and Wheels crash the car and get it fixed but actually the light was already busted." :P

• Members

I'm glad they finally got out of the freaking 80s with the episode titles. The 80s are so 2000-20009. Time for the 90s to take center stage. Though I wish they'd just go for all eras. In my mind, "Talking in Your Sleep" refers to the Crystal Gayle song and nothing else.

And that's so BS that Stohn is saying about the episodes not being two-parters. How is giving consecutive episodes the same title going to help the writers unless the episodes are two-parters? But then again, the whole show's gonna be more heavily serialized anyway, so maybe it's just gonna be one big 48-parter. They should have just named the entire season "Lonely Swedish (The Bum Bum Song)."