Macy Grey: The Sellout

Sylph

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The collab of Slash and Macy Grey, and thinking of them in the studio together, just has me :lol:

Macy has no relevency to me--I don't really care about her one way or the other, and I'm not sure how many people do, but I did see her on Leno or Letterman, and though the song was fairly cliched and average (something about the world being full of beauty so shake your booty :mellow: ), I admit she seemed to be having such a good time that I found it a bit infectious, despite myself. But it was probably just the ganga, and it doesn't mean I have nay plans to check out her album. ^_^

• Members

The most entertaining I ever remember her being was when she was on Dancing With the Stars for a whopping two episodes before the public voted her out. She could barely walk down the stairs, and when she "danced," she looked like what I think one of the judges called a drunk bear.

She also supposedly did not get along with her partner -- as soon as they met she supposedly told him she had wanted Maks. :lol:

• Members
Even moreso when you consider the irony of this statement in conjunction with the title of the album:

"'The Sellout' tells the story of how I found my salvation in just being myself instead of who other people thought I should be,”

Archived