The Soapgeist 5/17

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If Paul Raunch treated Andrea Evans like royalty, then the female veterans of Y&R's cast should be pissed. Please don't bring Andrea Evans back.

It's sad that it took the casting of a popular actress for Maria to write Heather as smart. I'm not saying Vail was the best actress ever, but it pisses me off when soaps start writing characters in a better light because they like the actor in the role and not because they are doing it for the benefit of the character. See also: Greg Vaughn, Jonathan Jackson-Lucky Spencer.

If Amelia did her best acting during the Jamaican scenes then that is so sad. Billy/Victoria are becoming the most overrated couple by the soap press. Amelia has been in the role for 5 years, if they were going to recast they would have done it years ago. So asking for a recast is pointless now.

• Members

Heather is only as smart as any woman on Y&R will ever be, which isn't much.

The soap press constantly pushes Billy Miller. They seem to have some vested interest in hyping him and trying to force viewers to see him as Y&R's bright star. It becomes somewhat cringeworthy to see them get the vapors over pairings that the show itself is not anywhere near as interested in, like "Chilly."

I think if they fire OLTL people it would be more expensive names this time around. Probably Kerwin, Mark Lawson (if he's more expensive), Susan Haskell, among others.

I wonder if GH is going to kill another vet off and that will free up some money for another of their stunts. Don't those start by the end of the year or the start of the next?

I can see AMC getting a budget increase too.

• Members

That's just crackalacky. I'm not a big fan of Glee. As a fan of Broadway, it helps me get my musical fix but any show that feels the need to autotune Lea Michelle and/or Jonathan Groff immediately makes me suspicious. But to compare Glee to Starr X'd Lovers is like comparing Godiva chocolate to Tootsie Rolls and to say OLTL is better is just embarrassing.

Archived