The Soapgeist 5/17

• Members

http://tvguide.ca/Soaps/Nelson_Ratings/Articles/100517_soapgeist_NB

Which soap is rumoured to be getting — GASP! — an increase in its budget very soon?

Pleaaassse be DAYS!!!! They need it really bad.

Which veteran soap star is not happy that his show is hiring too many newbies?

Someone from OLTL or Y&R, most likely Eric Braeden :rolleyes:

Which east coast soap opera is about to piss off its fans royally in the next few months?

ATWT. Goutman is going to f.uck up that show's finale so bad. :(

• Members

If Paul Raunch treated Andrea Evans like royalty, then the female veterans of Y&R's cast should be pissed. Please don't bring Andrea Evans back.

It's sad that it took the casting of a popular actress for Maria to write Heather as smart. I'm not saying Vail was the best actress ever, but it pisses me off when soaps start writing characters in a better light because they like the actor in the role and not because they are doing it for the benefit of the character. See also: Greg Vaughn, Jonathan Jackson-Lucky Spencer.

If Amelia did her best acting during the Jamaican scenes then that is so sad. Billy/Victoria are becoming the most overrated couple by the soap press. Amelia has been in the role for 5 years, if they were going to recast they would have done it years ago. So asking for a recast is pointless now.

• Members

The only time GH's budget ever increases is when they fire another group of actors on OLTL.

Guess we can say goodbye to Tika, Shenell, Eddie, etc.

Like they would fire someone they just put on contract less than a week ago. lol

But this is ABC after all.

• Members
> PLAY: One Life To Live — High School Musical

So far, so good. Who else thought One Life’s highly touted musical was pretty amazing? And kind of sexy, too? Let’s see how Part 2 and 3 unspool today and tomorrow. I have to say I thought One Life’s dancing and singing was far superior to anything on the incredibly contrived Glee, whose stars could learn how to lip synch properly. Oh, and dance. Though, like Cory Monteith, the adorable Eddie Alderson proves white boys can’t dance! It’ll be nice to see if One Life’s ratings will spike, especially since ABC promoted the musical event on The View. On a side note, how creepy was it when the very adult Ford tried to come on to Jessica, who is currently 17 and a virgin in her mind? I guess this is what America wants to see instead of two men raising a family together.

There's so much wrong with this paragraph, it's beyond sad.

• Members

If Paul Raunch treated Andrea Evans like royalty, then the female veterans of Y&R's cast should be pissed. Please don't bring Andrea Evans back.

It's sad that it took the casting of a popular actress for Maria to write Heather as smart. I'm not saying Vail was the best actress ever, but it pisses me off when soaps start writing characters in a better light because they like the actor in the role and not because they are doing it for the benefit of the character. See also: Greg Vaughn, Jonathan Jackson-Lucky Spencer.

If Amelia did her best acting during the Jamaican scenes then that is so sad. Billy/Victoria are becoming the most overrated couple by the soap press. Amelia has been in the role for 5 years, if they were going to recast they would have done it years ago. So asking for a recast is pointless now.

Heather is only as smart as any woman on Y&R will ever be, which isn't much.

The soap press constantly pushes Billy Miller. They seem to have some vested interest in hyping him and trying to force viewers to see him as Y&R's bright star. It becomes somewhat cringeworthy to see them get the vapors over pairings that the show itself is not anywhere near as interested in, like "Chilly."

The only time GH's budget ever increases is when they fire another group of actors on OLTL.

Guess we can say goodbye to Tika, Shenell, Eddie, etc.

I think if they fire OLTL people it would be more expensive names this time around. Probably Kerwin, Mark Lawson (if he's more expensive), Susan Haskell, among others.

I wonder if GH is going to kill another vet off and that will free up some money for another of their stunts. Don't those start by the end of the year or the start of the next?

I can see AMC getting a budget increase too.

• Members

LOL love or hate Glee, but to say that OLTL's pale imitation of it is superior? Glee is contrived but OLTL's musical episode isn't? Wha? :blink:

That's just crackalacky. I'm not a big fan of Glee. As a fan of Broadway, it helps me get my musical fix but any show that feels the need to autotune Lea Michelle and/or Jonathan Groff immediately makes me suspicious. But to compare Glee to Starr X'd Lovers is like comparing Godiva chocolate to Tootsie Rolls and to say OLTL is better is just embarrassing.

• Members

It becomes somewhat cringeworthy to see them get the vapors over pairings that the show itself is not anywhere near as interested in, like "Chilly."

Or "Billy/Amber", "Billy/Lily", Billy/Sharon & "Billy/Heather"

Archived