Lone Star: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OK, I'm definitely coming back. There's room for improvement but there were several brilliant scenes (the lunch at the beginning, the gas station scene, the party scene) and a lot of promise. The whole con thing is a bit confusing but the ending was a great twist and it actually hooks you into seeing what the hell is going to happen next now that he's into a different kind of con.

• Members

I watched it live plus recorded it on DVR for my room mate. I think it's an interesting show and the lead is likable (despite being a con-artist). I'm curious about how he can keep both of his lives up without exposure. I preferred the wealthy family set-up as opposed to the working class lifestyle but I'm sure future episodes will play up both sides equally.

• Members

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! Yaaay!

This is utter [!@#$%^&*] and I'm glad it flopped. happy.gif As I said on the previous page: it's just hilarious because once the secret's out — what then? All My Shadows observed that so many of these new TV series are actually mini-series.

• Administrator

I agree. I liked the twist at the end too. Disappointed about the ratings because it's a good show. I like the lead actor too - he made me believe he was in love with both women. But I can see why the ratings were horrible - the marketing/promotion (the promos were just awful) weren't very good and you have a hard premise to sell.

Here's what NELLIE ANDREEVA had to say about it: http://www.deadline.com/2010/09/analysis-the-demise-of-lone-star-and-the-longevity-of-veterans-dancing-men/

There's buzz that the show keeps on getting better, so hopefully we'll be able to see those.....but it doesn't look good. :(

Archived