OLTL: Starr X'd Lovers Promo

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Frankly I'm surprised they can afford any of those songs, I mean 'I Gotta Feeling' was number 1 on the charts for half a year and the Black Eyed Peas are the biggest pop act in the world, their songs can't be cheap, can't they? Unless they gave OLTL a discount, maybe Snoop put in a good word.

• Members

The Brody part looks good. The girls singing doesn't look promising. It will be a lot of hyper movement mixed with bad singing. I don't normally watch OLTL but will watch this for the curiosity factor. It is just a shame Starr Manning is the central character. She isn't the type to play a romantic lead, and even worse, wherever she goes her song-addicted mother is sure to follow. Kassie DePaiva has a pleasant voice and yet is a terrible entertainer. Her blandness makes Clay Aiken seem edgy. That Ilene Kristin number looks particularly bad; it reminds me of a low rent music video from the early 80s. I hope it is good though, but remain skepitcal.

• Members

I can't imagine how much they are paying for the rights to these songs. The showrunner for Glee said in an interview that they've been really lucky with artists allowing them to use their music but Glee is...well...Glee.

This is one of the times I would really like to see the budget for these shows. Last sweeps it was the icy pond and the blizzard, this time its the musical complete with choreography, recording and if they follow the Glee formula lots and lots of autotuning. The stunts just keep getting bigger and glitzier. I know that Valentini is supposedly a budgeting whiz but is anybody that good?

• Members

Oh, I get it now. You see, while the musical (which, by the way, has a budget that's ridiculous for a high school musical) is going on, others will have fantasy sequences in the form of song-and-dance numbers.

• Members

Eh. The Prom is the musical and the musical is the Prom. And I want to vomit.

What song is Brody singing? It looks like he and is back with Jessica but I hope they are not sleeping together at this thing if her amnesia is still here.

• Members

Well she did say that she planned to lose it to Cristian on prom night but I don't know if she'd do it with Brody just for the heck of it (well, the Jessica we know and love wouldn't have). But I don't think so because the spoilers are that he gets with Nat before she regains her memories.

Archived