Fulton Selling Her Upper East Side Home

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, "Upper East Side" is *almost* generous, I mean it's right next to posh Sutton Place, but it's pushing the boundaries of UES, a lot of people would think "Midtown". Having said that, it's still a very convenient location, it especially would have been for her had ATWT still taped at CBS a quick cab ride away (or even a nice stroll if she wasn't afraid of being hit with crazy Lisa haters' pocketbooks :P ). I would also prefer the famous view of the actual bridge, I'm guessing you can't see it from any of the rooms in the place as it would have almost certainly been in the slide show.

And $500,000 on renovation? :o Extrav.

ETA: http://www.trulia.com/property/3006749689-418-E-59th-St-New-York-NY-10022 Here's the actual listing, and they are calling it Sutton Place and I guess I'm wrong about the view of the bridge though they make no mention of it when describing the panorama N/S/E/W views (they do mention the tram to Roosevelt Island however :P ).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Blair Waldorf certainly wouldn't live in 10022 unless the address were Sutton Place or Beekman Place, and the building Prewar.

Did she buy the UES apt. when ATWT moved to Brooklyn? The old CBS studio is mega-convenient from CPW, the UES one a shorter, easier ride to Brooklyn.

• Members

Sometimes I forget just how long ATWT's been in Brooklyn, but yes, they were in Brooklyn not long after AW was cancelled so she had to have bought this place once they were over there. Not that it mattered anymore, but for staying in Manhattan, the east side place is about as central as you can get to both studios.

• Members

Maybe one of 'the Real Housewives' might be interested in the place as a NY base.The decor would be a perfect fit, judging by some of their homes.

I know Ms Fulton is an older lady and may have a different sense of style,but seriously-the place is hideous.She got a designer to do that??

The matching floral suite and the purple dining chairs?

Does anybody find that look tasteful or classy.

Around 1980,SOD did a story on Fulton's then apartment,which was done all lavender-it looked way better than this.

She forgot the #1 rule-hold on to property!!

• 1 month later...
  • Members

The recently late and forever great Rue McClanahan's coop has recently gone on the market. Ruesy and 'Leeny were neighbors, about a minute away from one another by chauffeured black sedan. Just days ago, I passed their buildings on my way to LaGuardia. Without question, a very busy, bustling area, but it looks like Rue found a little tranquility in her ground-level home with private garden.

http://www.trulia.com/property/3015532818-430-E-56th-St-New-York-NY-10022

• Members

Eileen Fulton's condo has to be redecorated to sell, imo. It is too taste specific. It is hard for a younger person or couple to see their own style in that condo.

Unfortunately, unless the housing market takes a sharp positive turn, I think that we will be seeing more unemployed soap actors in the same financial situation as Eileen Fulton, particularly those with children. With a diminished portfolio and no reliable income, people will be desperate to unload their primary and secondary residences to lighten their debt load.

• Members

True Ann, on both points. And you'll notice that the price of EF's place was lowered over $400,000 last month.

DaytimeFan, I figured Rue went for that ground level unit coming from California. Maybe she felt like she could sort of have the best of both worlds in retirement with the building's private green space right beyond her sliding glass doors. Of course, what it looked like come winter is a different story. ^_^

I remember when Monica Lewinsky was living with her mother at the Watergate. Her mother had one of the ground level two-story townhouse-style units and it was described as a "fishbowl" with the press constantly trying to snap pictures. It was driving the board and the fellow residents nuts, mainly the next door neighbors... Bob and Elizabeth Dole. When Lewinsky and her mother moved out, the Doles bought their unit and broke down the wall creating a larger home.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I can't believe I missed this thread. That's such a shame that she lost so much money on it. But i've said many times, I feel New York and Los Angeles Real estate is a fool's affair. I wonder if people realize that for 1.8 million in the midwest, you can have a 7,000 square foot lakefront mansion. And i'm not kidding about this. I must say about Eileen's digs... GIRLFRIEND IS NOT AFRAID OF COLOR, is she? My eyes were popping out at all that peach, even on the ceiling! the blue and greens in the other rooms, WOW. i'm sorry, but colors that bright and saturated should be reserved for accent, I would NEVER put them on walls (Unless it's an accent wall or a game room or children's room or something) and especially on ceilings. Daytimefan.. what is it you like about Linda Dano's apartment? I HAAATE it. It's just so..... WHITE. It seems to have a complete lack of warmth. Rue's private garden was a nice idea, but the landscaping was FUGLY. Whiskey barrels lined up in a row? It almost looked like tomato plants in them. you don't put that type of thing out for DISPLAY, theyr'e not exactly attractive. Too many pots and planter boxes, and none of them joined in any cohesive "look". And SFK... with proper plant selection, Winter doens't ahve to be ugly in a temperate climate, not with plants like these around:

Ilex%20verticillata%20%207.jpg

And at least around here, the wealthy make winter much more attractive by having evergreens placed in all the planters and areas where the seasonal flowers were in the summertime. And of course, bird feeding is a big winter attraction that can make a winter garden come alive and give lots of intrest.

Archived