AMC: SOD Spoilers on Palmer's Funeral

• Members

From DontStare at SOC.

The particpating actors all agree that what LB wrote for the episode was so intimate b/c she really knew JM/Palmer well. Larson noted that she didn't want to be crazy emotional b/c James would have hated that. It's a tribute epi b/c James told them he didn't want a memorial. They had kept the cameras rolling beyond what they showed on the 40th Anniversary episode and James had gone on about Palmer's escapades, so that will be in the episode. They'll weave it into present scenes with those mourning him. It will be revealed that Daisy/Palmer had a get busy once a year deal, lol. Daisy/Opal commiserate. Adam will bring a special (clever, genuine) gift to Nina. The episode airs on 4/20 and Larson hopes many fans will tune in.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Based on what they're saying JM said about wanting a tribute and not a memorial, I don't think he'd mind the fans looking forward to seeing it. It's a celebration of the character he played masterfully for years, so I can't wait to see it. The fact that they're adding in footage of him that they didn't have room for in the anni. episodes just makes it even better.

• Members

I think he had gotten rid of the Dogs by the time Opal moved in and his character had been softened (much to the chagrin of some of the soap press at the time, though I still loved 90s Palmer)

And I don't think we should feel bad for looking forward to funeral and tribute episodes--I am sure the actors would appreciate knowing their fans felt so much for the characters they largely created.

Archived