AMC: SOW Preview From New Writers

• Members

No, but let's hope she does. Lol She would be perfect in this role, and she can actually ACT. Unlike stone faced hair model Denise Vasi.

It's unsettling that Frankie isn't even mentioned in the spoilers. DK is known for dropping storylines. Maybe they have something else planned for him, maybe his days in PV are numbered. :(

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Daytime is NOT going to write for a Black Man. AMC won't even write for Darnell & he's a legend.

Plus fans have already marginalized & bitched about EVERY. CRUMB. OF. STORY. he's ever gotten & continue to act like there's something wrong with him yet continue to root for a town populated by Tad, Jake, David, Ryan, Adam, JR & Dash Riprock.

• Members

We're going to be seeing a lot of J.R. as he's dead center of any Chandler/Cortlandt conflict.

I can hardly believe that they'd even boast about the SATC thing with the Fusion girls. You are not SATC, you are AMC, a daytime soap opera that can't even "go there" like that show did, and why are you chasing a pop culture moment that's happened and passed? I'm flipping the channel the second anything-tini is uttered.

As for the "fun" Erica/Greenlee rivalrry: "When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a woman, I put away childish things." May the Lord bless the reading of his holy word. I don't think Erica vs. Greenlee is cute, I think it makes Erica look foolish actually. And why are we wasting time when we have BROOKE here for a handful of months? If Erica is going to have a rival in the cosmetics game, how about a glamorous woman of the same age, a la Morgan Fairchild?

• Members

Unfortunately, it doesn't sound good. I don't like the idea for Fusion and the Erica stuff is a bore.I don't need her with a new man. She should've been paired with Adam or David with Jack competing with one of them. Or damn just let her have Jack. She has so much else going on she doesn't need to be in a triangle.

HATE the idea for the Cortlandt family because I feel it'll be a family of strangers and when getting into retcon territory it can be dangerous. I'm a little worried, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. The show is too good now to let me know. DO look forward to what happens with Angie and Brooke.

• Members

YES! Perhaps, someone from Erica's modeling days (I think there is gold to be mined from that part of Erica's past) who inherits a cosmetics company (among other things) from her late husband, and looks as this as settling an old score. Perfect.

• Members

So with you on that! The thing is, I never *believe* that a "kid" like Greenlee is a true rival for Erica, I don't really buy it, but worse than that, I don't find it interesting. We all know that Erica is big and bad, but I at least like to see her a little challenged, you know, go up against someone who truly unnerves her. A *certain controversial scribe* had an interesting idea to bring on Sharon Gabet as an aging, alcoholic actress who had a career once upon a time, returning to live in her deceased father's house in Pine Valley. The soaps underestimate the power of those "second wind" mid-/later-life performances for soap actors, there's great storytelling potential for women that age beyond cancer and cougar.

• Members

I'm not certain, but isn't Brooke's return tied in to Adam leaving? I'm expecting her to go when he does.

As far as the previews, I think most of it sounds promising except for the Fusion/Sex and the City part. Someone needs to tell Frons that show went off the air a long time ago! :mad:

Archived