AMC: SOW Preview From New Writers

• Members

I'm only going to believe this "Kendall's back for good, we swear, just wait another eight months" [!@#$%^&*] when she is there everyday for six months. I think they're still bullshitting, bluffing and praying Alicia Minshew will cooperate.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Very little about these spoilers excite me and the SATC stuff makes me want to punch sad clowns.

I guess I've become too jaded but all of these new writer manifesto interviews sound the same for every show. They're like P.R. madlibs:

• "We're going to refocus on/rebuild/revitalize (circle one) the (longterm core) family."
  • "Look for big changes in (latest candidate for Best Supporting Actor/Actress Emmy) after the (upcoming sweeps stunt)."
  • "Circumstances are going to force (random vet) to do something he/she/they never imagined! And just wait until (children/spouse/long forgotten love interest) finds out about it! Can (Character x) save (Character y) when (nu-villain du jour/resurrected played out villain from the past/latest actor to be fired's character) makes his/her/they're move?"
  • "We're going to get back to what made (show) so great: the love/friendship/intrigue/history/relationships. (circle one)"
  • "Keep an eye out for a familiar face or two! A couple of (town)'s most missed residents may show back up when something rocks (town) in (next sweeps period)!"

And note to AMC: if you really want to showcase the women of the show stop watching SATC and watch a few eps of ANY of the following: Bones, Lost, In Plain Sight, Dexter, Criminal Minds and/or The Good Wife. You be shocked by what you see.

• Members

I really don't see what the big problem people have with Fusion is, tbh lol. I like it, I like the idea of it, I think it can be great. I never watched SATC, but is it that bad? So bad that it will make AMC cringe-worthy?! Unless Fusion starts taking over the whole show (which I don't think it will), I don't think it will be that treacherous.

• Members

Exactly, and I don't know why that's something they keep aspiring to. AMC at its finest didn't have to try to be like anything else. Let's remember that. When you have writers biting off of SATC, you no longer have three dimensional women really talking, you have dolled up women sipping Cosmimosatinis doing eyeroll-inducing schtick. I would much rather watch two women in t-shirts and boy shorts on the sofa reading Rumi aloud and having an honest to goodness pour your heart out talk before they start making out :ph34r: . But seriously, I'd much rather watch a great conversation than listening to the writers trying to be clever. I loved the scenes Tad and Jake had last week re: Liza, stuff like that. There's a classic AW episode floating around out there where Iris can't sleep and she and Vivien have a late night heart to heart. Nothing flashy, just real talk, and you can watch it over and over again because it's so charming.

• Members

Thats the thing tho. If they can just make Fushion the back drop for the conversaions and storylines with greenlee/erica/madison/randi/amanda/natalia/etc then it will be ok. If its all superficial "gimme another cosomo and les compare sex stories" then its not. They have pulled it off so far, but this is LB... lets see if d&d can keep it up.

Archived