Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

Just FYI, RHOBH also filmed it's finale yesterday and more is coming to light about Kathy Hilton. It looks like she allegedly had a meltdown when they went to a bar after filming in Aspen aka this was off camera. She was upset nobody knew who she was and at one point got into with a DJ and called him a homophobic slur. This is what led to her eventually posting that message on Rick Hilton's instagram to pick her up. Rinna has been going on and on about what Kathy said and Kathy is trying to prevent it from becoming a storyline. Even today Rinna is gleefully posting about how she's "talking about it." Rinna and Kathy filmed a one hour sit down on Thursday, but beyond that, Kathy hasn't filmed any of the final events with the ladies. 

I find this confusing since it apparently ALL happened off camera, so I'm not sure how much mileage they can get out of it, but with Kathy sending cyst and desists and drawing so much attention towards it, she's going to cause this to be a bigger story than it would've been. I wonder what Kyle is going to do. We all know Kyle left Kim out to dry, but can she do the same to Kathy? Can she still be friends with Rinna who is gleefully taking down her sister? I don't think Kathy would ever forgive her.

• Replies 39.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The short answer is that Kyle is going to do what is good for Kyle.

It is a conundrum for her, because Kyle already carries a bad rep as a disloyal friend/sister. So she cannot be seen to be too eager in throwing Kathy under the bus (like with Kim and LVP). Moreover, having Kathy around last season softened Kyle and ultimately made her more popular. Kyle knows this. Kathy was her shield while everyone else got their hands dirty with the Erika farce.

My guess is that Kyle's default position will be: "We don't know what happened, no-one else was there, it's your word against my sister's. I'm staying out of it because it doesn't involve me." She will duck accountability, while at the same time being seen to have Kathy's back like a loyal sis.

IF by any chance a recording is produced... then all bets are off. Kyle will want to stay in Andy's good books, and she will tearfully tell Kathy that, while she will always love her, those words are unacceptable.

I don't know where that will leave Kyle with Kathy & Kim -- probably not in a good place! Still, Kyle has been here before. As long as she and Mauricio and The Agency continue to thrive due to RHOBH, the show will ~always~ take precedence over the Family. Eventually, Kathy won't be able to ignore the Umanskys' successes, and I suspect after a few years both sisters may find an accommodation.

I don't know if Kim will be all that forgiving, though. And that's because this involves Rinna, and Kyle seemingly siding, once again, with her old Coven buddy.

And speaking of Rinna -- I find it chilling how scorched earth Rinna is with people's lives. She doesn't just want to beat them at the game -- she wants to annihilate them completely. It is very vengeful. She still, to this day, cannot let Kim, LVP and Denise go. Kathy is Kim's biggest supporter and therefore a Kim proxy, and that's probably why Rinna grabbed an opportunity to gleefully take her down. She won't rest until Kim is broken, it feels like.

If I were Garcelle, I would take note -- Rinna fears and despises her.

Edited by Cat

• Members

Gina just called Gamble a fan in this episode and I’m dead

Please register in order to view this content

. Gina might be the most unapologetically herself housewife there’s ever been.

Oh gosh Gamble sicked her big sister on Janet

Edited by Antoyne

• Members

This is about Candiace, I think. One of the two HWs that Andy allegedly hates.

I'm not sure im ready for her to go, even though she is all those things they say in the blind. I am ready for her 'make or break' season. She's at an interesting, tense place with the rest of the cast (and her own worst enemy, unfortunately).

I also think she is being pushed out, not because of her behaviour on the show, but what she said about Andy in the Diamonds and Rose book.

• Members

Kenya being the other.

But seriously, I admit...at first I thought this was about Ramona. Then I re-read and it makes me want to hurry up and finish the POTOMAC reunion (I'm on Part 3).

You now have me curious. What did she say? I heard she said something about Ben...a no no. But again...Andy is still one to talk. 

I was at least hoping that this upcoming season would be her takedown season. I guess we will see. 

• Members

Rinna is also going after Kathy Hilton for being at Trump's Super Bowl party. There is a clip going around of her praising Trump, which is being used to point  out her hypocrisy. The clip is from 2013, which was post-birther. I would imagine most people aren't surprised at her hypocrisy (if Trump invited her to his party I wouldn't be surprised if she went...if he paid the airfare, anyway), and are just glad for some righteous moment, but really, if people were expecting more  of Kathy Hilton they don't know a lot about that family or about rich people in general. 

I do wonder how much Bravo would want Rinna to draw attention to Trump support, considering how many  Housewives are Trump supporters, and considering what a negative response the last NY season got for political/social debate. 

I am also seeing that  Harry Hamlin is, as he has never stopped doing for what seems like 30 years now, claiming that playing a gay man in Making Love ruined his career. Hamlin could never act, and had a brief burst of fame because he looked gorgeous in the late '70s and early '80s. He had a big TV comeback only 4-5 years later, and was luckier than many more talented, better looking performers of  his  generation. He has been dining out on that story longer than many people have been alive. Give it up already. 

• Members

Is Kenya the other HW?? I remember her decimating Michael Rapaport on WWHL -- the greatest WWHL clip of all time -- and Andy was LIVING for it!

I thought it was Ramona at first, too, until I saw the title of the blind -- Dragged.

So here is what Candiace said in Diamonds and Rosé:

And honestly, where is the lie? He is making money off the RHs and it has given him "a great life -- and I love living it" [(c) Kelly Killoren Bensimon]. And as much as Andy/Bravo pretends to be 'appalled' by the physical altercation, they milked it for all it was worth.

This quote is what I mean about Candiace being her own worst enemy. She literally snatches defeat from the jaws of victory. In the very same book, Potomac's EP is quoted as saying that Monique is delusional and manipulative, she was asked to go, her position was untenable with most of the HWs refusing to film with her, etc. The show sided with Candiace over the altercation -- she basically won AND got Monique off the show.

So Candiace, having won this round, with the full support of production and most of the cast... decides to go scorched earth. I don't understand this strategy. Candiace definitely sees Andy for what he is -- but she is playing with fire going after him directly on her own. She isn't wrong in what she is saying, but her delivery is guaranteed to make the Bravo suits forget that you were on the 'victim' side of that fight. All they see is: 'Imperious black woman was in a fight and is now making further demands.'

As a selfish viewer, and given how reunion went down (with Candiace on the outs with everyone), I want a Make Or Break season with Candiace. I'm not her fan, but I also think she makes things happen on the show. Plus, it's how these women evolve (or not) which interests me. Where is Candiace going from here? Because the aggressive verbal and physical intimidation is a dead end -- the rest of the cast is over it.

Edited by Cat

• Members

Rich people draw ranks around each other and protect their own! Not shocked. I imagine Kathy has hobnobbed with the Trumps since the 80s Ivana days when she and Rick lived at the Waldorf-Astoria. I don't know what to say about her support of Trump... except, sigh. This is where where we are now as a country. 

I wasn't expecting anything from Kathy Hilton or any other reality-show star TBH. People tend to idolize stars beyond belief -- this is how we got into our current political mess -- but honestly, Kathy was just a FOH. I'm not losing any sleep if she stays or goes on BH.

I have a problem with Rinna harping on this obsessively. None of this is because of her political convictions or support of the gay community. It is about having a SL and riding it to death, though.

Also let's not forget NBCU's role, under Jeff Zucker especially, in reinforcing the Trump 'brand,' allowing him to launch a bid for the presidency. 

Hamlin is still boohooing about this role? Lord. The movie, with its TV stars of the day (Kate Jackson), is like a nostalgic hark-back to the early 80s! It is now part of pop culture lore -- he should thank it for giving him visibility and a loyal gay fanbase. Nobody cares if he is/was straight, gay or whatever IRL. It didn't stop him from getting with plenty of beautiful women back in the day, either. He needs to get over himself.

Edited by Cat

• Members

I was joking when I said Kenya.

However, it is pretty much discussed that just like other HWs he cannot control (Kandi, Monique), Andy does not seem to like and it usually shows when she's on his show. However, he is not a totally dummy and recognizes Kenya is good tv. For better or worse. So I assume that was who he also hated. I could be wrong.

God, I really need to finish POTOMAC's reunion. lol. That was what I was taking two parts in from it...everyone was ganging up on Candiace...something they should have done a reunion ago. But I guess the beat with Monique was too strong. Like you, I feel this season...unless that other rumor is true...will be a make or break season for Candiace as well. 

But someone mentioned in the book that Candiace made a comment about Andy's son I believe. A big no-no.