Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

That premiere was excellent! That’s how you come out the gate strong and set the tone for the season. I already cannot wait for next week! The cast definitely needed the refresh, but it's clear how important production is, because you could immediately feel the stamp of the new producers. The editing was tighter and it looked more glam.

I don’t miss Porsha or Cynthia, not because I didn’t like them, but because we got years with them and it’s nice to see the dynamics get changed up after so long of the same issues. Marlo was flawless as a peach holder. It completely transformed her by allowing us into her life instead of only having her pop up to show fashions.

I also feel like after some weak seasons, Kandi feels more vocal and needed right now. Drew is determined to embarrass herself I see and Sanya is a STAR out of the gate! Kenya and Sheree round out the group nicely as well and it’s nice to see them not bicker.

• Replies 39.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

@Chris B I wonder if they used the same producers from RHOP bc the editing was more comedic with special effects and flashback moments. Overall I enjoyed th premiere!

The SHADIEST moment was the producers putting the 25 l bs? under Drew's picture. LOL...how was she chosen to be the face of that weight loss program when she is sloppy and cant keep up?

Sanya is already giving. Love her family and I think she's gonna make a good fit

Kandi is the only one that didnt give me anything. She's just there. I like her but she could be a friend

LOVING Kenya. I always have but she seems more relaxed here. I see what she means about passing the villain scepter to Marlo. So glad Brookie is back! Loving seeing her in mommy mode

Sheree still the bone collector and hasnt changed. She looked good though. I think she had line of the night when she compared Marlo's dress to a grandma candy

Marlo was doing the most. Kenya threw shade but it was light and wasn't that serious. Marlo proved she was never her friend bc if they were, she'd have confronted her and found out what was really said instead of instantly going in. 

• Members

My streaming service is delayed in uploading RHOA. 

Please register in order to view this content

Ugh I cannot stand the wait!

In the meantime... RHONJ reunion sneak peek.

Edited by Cat

• Members

NJ

I've been playing catch up.

And for me it took a moment to realize where I left off at with the Jersey girls and their men. So I probably rewatched an episode.

That said...I liked that the 'ice out' was not long at all. I believe in RL it was much longer with Marge having the group freeze out Jen and Bill. However, Marge played it well. She got Jennifer with the payback. And as a result, Jen spilled a bit of tea. Like with Danielle and the hairpull, she said Teresa put her up to seeing about if Evan was cheating on Jackie.

And...we were off to the races.

Marge vs Teresa has been coming for years. Marge digging into Luis and putting his business out there got Teresa's claws out. And now Jennifer's tea to Marge was just the thing to get Marge to have her claws out. And it looks like that will happen at Tracy's event. 

THING I LIKED

SO JERSEY. I have always and continue to like the family aspect to this show. I liked that Dolores was dealing with her mother, her feelings about David, and the girls trying to rally around her with a spa day. And the story about Frankie with his grandma (with pictures) was a awwww moment. Jennifer with her children is always going to be a hoot. The same with Teresa and her girls.

THINGS I DON'T LIKE.

REALLY, JEN? I liked how Jen reacted originally when Marge drop the Bill affair bombshell. She was unbothered. I am sorry to see how she's gradually allowed it to get to her. I understand. But I was sorry to see. And just like with Danielle before her, Marge has been using it to drive a wedge between Jen and Teresa. BUT...I thought they were friends. So I was sadden to see Jen threw Teresa under the bus if that news is true. And for Marge? Really? Just smh.

MINI-ME. Don't like her. Don't need her. Bye.

TRACY. Yeaaah. I think she's a epic fail. Bye.

Okay episode leading up to Tracy's event. Kinda want to see where it goes.

• Members

OC

Wow. I actually liked that. LOL!!!

Yeah, I've been playing catchup with OC, too. I admit that I was worried since the episodes since their last cast trip have been boring to me. Even this episode I was watching, it took a few tries around my schedule to watch. 

But something caught. And for me by caught, I meant that the episode brought something. And by that, it allowed the audience to check in with everyone. And in a season of attempt takedowns, dropped storylines, and Noella, it was a nice pivot.

Emily and her daughter converting. Heather and Gina bonding. Shannon at the THE QUIET WOMAN again. Digging deeper into Dr. Jen and Ryan's relationship.

Lord...that relationship. Outside of weak sauce drama with Noella, Dr. Jen has not done much but be there. This episode Heather hosted a couple dinner to give Dr. Jen a taste of what successful couples are like and hopefully it be inspiring. Instead, the dinner simply revealed the cracks in her marriage. And that I found fascinating and real. Cuz oops Dr. Jen and Ryan could get messy. 

What made it really sad...the look Ryan had in the car and talking to the driver. This was something HE WAS USED.

Interesting...finally...

THINGS I LIKED

CLOTHES BE GONE! I haven't been liking Gina this season so the scene of her and Heather getting rid of her old clothes was FUN. No trying to one-up. No picking on Shannon who is nowhere in sight. JUST FUN!!! I really enjoyed it.

HEHE...QUIET WOMAN. I swear...I will always see that sign and always think of Kelly getting Shannon about eating there. I was honestly surprised that Production did not do a flashback.

That said it was nice to see Shannon picking on herself and John getting into the Confessional action.

BUT...SHE'S GOING TO STIR. And by she...I meant Emily. Just when it looked like she was showing something interesting and everyone was getting along, there she was pot stirring a rivalry between Shannon and Gina. I don't know what I find funnier...Gina realizing that's what Emily's doing or the fact that she STILL went along with it. It made the promo for next week that much more hilarious.

SCENES FROM A MARRIAGE. Like I said above, Dr. Jen hasn't done much. Outside of showing off her always shirtless attractive hubby. The episode before this one she was all about putting her marriage problems on front street in fact. So it was nice to see Ryan...isn't like that. Two opposites. So that couples dinner with Heather was such a trainwreck. So horrible to see, but I couldn't look away. Dr. Jen was s%^&faced and spilling all her tea. And Ryan was just sooooo uncomfortable outside of a nice bonding moment with Terry. And then Heather as our Shady Greek Chorus. Just...wow. Good stuff. 

THINGS I DID NOT LIKE 

SO LITTLE NOELLA. Well, I guess we needed a break from her. lol. But don't hate me...I like her. But given that clip above...was it at this point she had to film with other people? Hmmm.

Surprisingly good episode.

• Members

RHOA:

I am just glad my girls are back. I had the same sentiments as everyone else--the show felt fresh, light-hearted, and Sanya assimilated into the group effortlessly. The show felt like the first 5 seasons of this show, which is a GREAT thing.

RHONJ:

They need an overhaul on this cast. Dare I say it but keep Tre, Jen, and Marge as they are the only 3 putting in work at this point. The other 3 need to go. 

I don't care that Jen/Dolores have some new rivalry emerging. It'll fizzle out quickly as Jen won't give Dolores the time of day to make it anything major. Jackie does not bring sh-t to the show and I'm sick of her sobbing over her loser husband. And MeHo and B*tch Boy can really exit to the left. I am sick of Joe Gorga trying to be the Italian Peter Thomas. One thing about Peter, he owned his role as resident b*tch boy. 

• Members

RHONJ reckoning reunion:

Some people may feel, as Joe & Melissa do at this reunion, that every time Teresa brings up how they first came on the show, it's like-- move on, that's so long ago, we've already dealt with it. But the point is, Teresa has not dealt with it, and neither has the show. The famb'ly swept it under the rug when Teresa got sentenced. It suited all three of them to look like they 'made amends' (and blame Joe Giudice). Meanwhile, Joe & Melissa's standalone SLs were flopping hard so they would go back to the well marked 'famb'ly conflict with Teresa' for a little two-episode arc per season.

Every time Melissa brings up how Teresa never has her back, or hasn't made her a bridesmaid, I truly marvel at how it has not occurred to the Gorga Brain Trust why. Answer: it's because the trust was shattered when the Gorgas got on the show to 'bring Teresa down.'

It always struck me how entitled Kathy and Melissa came across in S3. They felt entitled to appear on the show, entitled to fame and fortune, all because they were related to Teresa. But Teresa didn't want them on there. They might cramp her style and reveal some things. Melissa certainly tried every which angle to get on the show, including reaching out to Teresa's then-nemesis, Danielle Staub.

So I honestly don't know why now she feels entitled to Teresa's love and trust. What happens to people who love and trust the Gorgas? Teresa need only reach out to Kathy Wakile or Danielle Staub. Both were thrown under the bus by them when they had outlived their usefulness (Marge and Jackie, take note).

And speaking of Marge and Jackie, not much of them this episode, but Marge is clearly FUMING at Teresa's existence. Teresa is fuming too. Maybe she heard rumors that Bravo wants to spin RHONJ in other directions, so she gave the network a reminder of who really drives the story? She came ready to play. I have never seen Teresa this focused and calmly furious before. And Andy seems particularly attuned to Teresa, to the detriment of the other women.

Jackie laughing at Jen about her sensitivity about Bill's affair. Girl, worry about where Evan is doing his push-ups!

Dolores and Jen are OVER. I'm lowkey sad about it.

Edited by Cat

• Members

Agreed. I thought that we would get Tamra and Brandi in a drunken headlock, Dorinda peeing in Jill Zarin's Nice n Easy in Warm Auburn, and Vicki coming back from hospital in a full-body cast! But it seems calmer than that, and for that, I am grateful. 

Looking forward to seeing Dorinda being the hostess with the mostess. And Blue Stone Manor's renovation!

• Members

yep thats her and I cant wait!

RHONJ

This will be the last time I refer to Melissa's husband as Joe Gorga. From here on out, he will be Bitch Boy to me.

RHUGT

Eva feels like such a miscast for this. She was in the trailer a bit but felt boring and like she didnt fit with this group of woman

Surprisingly Jill was lowkey and I expected her to be a bigger character

Edited by Cheap21