Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

They were horrible. I had faith in Bravo bc their virtual reunion for RHOA looked amazing so there was no excuse. The sound was awful and the women have cheap decor. I would have said they should have purchased a green screen for all of them but their apartments are probably too small. Sonja's was the best as it was the least distraction and she had a nice backdrop

LOL....they went through the trouble of removing Tinsley and giving the wives new taglines, but couldnt bother giving Elyse an apple. At this point, I say they might as well have bc she is always there

I dont know why Ramona was acting so brand new when it came to the decorations at the party. Its Halloween, what did she expect? Also Im sick of her ditching her "friends" to go to other parties. She might as well not show up. This was acceptable once or twice, but it happens all the time.She films an hour and feels thats enought to fufill her obligations and bounces

• Members

There is NO excuse for the bullsh-t confessionals that the NY production did for these women. 

[IMG]

[IMG]

This is how you do it. Just bc you are at home doesnt mean you cant get your hair done, face beat and dressed like you are fabulous. The Cali women look like they come from money

[IMG]

Even the OC wives have a better setup with a screen behind them to simulate what they used to look like

[IMG]
and then we have NY

• Members

I wonder if the others will come off as bad as the NY ones, but they do have an awful production company so this doesn’t totally surprise me. I also agree that Elyse should’ve gotten an Apple. It seems like she’s stepping it up and honestly she’s one of the only things I find interesting about the show. I’m surprised she didn’t make their Mexico trip considering she’s always around. 

• Members

I almost wonder if NY looks cheaper because they had less time to organize it.  BH had way more notice and time to send out equipment - but NY, I'm guessing, was right when quarantine hit and logistically, there wasn't enough time or capabilities to get them good equipment in the very beginning?

Sonja was something else last night haha.

• Members

I really dislike Dorit, but she looks absolutely fantastic and makes that at-home confessional look 100% professional-level.

Haven't watched RHONY yet but those screen-grabs

45 Ridiculous And Amazing GIFs Of Nene Leakes | Housewives of ...

C'mon. The NY women are good looking. There is no reason for this shoddiness. I've attended Zoom meetings which were better set up.

Chills! These connections keep on multiplying.

I wonder if Clooney is connected somehow to Carole and G. Max.

Edited by Cat

• Members

NY had the same amount of notice that BH did. The 3 week break was for production to catch up and this is when these confessionals were presumably filmed. My guess is that the apartments in NY are small so they didnt have the same space to work. It still seems like a poor excuse bc they could have gotten a green screen as I see Youtubers with small setups that work. it also doesnt excuse them not dressing up with nice outfits, glam and hair. They are way too casual. Even the sound was awful. Like they couldnt get them an earpiece mic or the floating one that  Braunwyn has? Again the RHOA backdrops and women looked amazing for their reunions so NY should have stepped it up

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

Dorinda was in her house and Ramona was in the house she rented in Florida so both has the space to produce something better. It seems as if they didn’t have mice which is the issue. I just don’t understand how they allowed such a raggedy product. Like y’all said, youtubers do a better job. Literally all you need is a damn camera and a mic. I remember at one point Samsung did a promo where Watch What Happens Live was filmed with one of their phones. You couldn’t even tell the difference so the phones aren’t the problem, it’s the mics. 

• Members

I don't mind the casual look..but the NY confessionals  remind me of a youtuber filming their first video to upload on their channel.

Did the OC women film some stuff at home with their phones?  I would like to see one episode of OC to show how the women were handling Quarantine in the OC..once the season filming resumes and finishes.

• Members

The issue is twofold with RHONY's lockdown confessionals:

1. Inconsistent lighting. Sonja's lighting was the closest to usual quality - thanks to natural light in Palm Desert (where she was in lockdown for two months) and knowing how to use a ring light. Luann was obviously facing north because the light on her was incredibly harsh and washed her out and she set her camera high so although she had good angles, she didn't look centred like the rest. Ramona's lighting was second to Sonja's, but she set her camera low. Dorinda's lighting is WAY too bright and washed her out in a different way because there was no natural light in her setup. Leah's looked rough because her background was too dark.

2. No mics. That is just odd but I think the producers figured the women might struggle to coordinate microphones with the mobile phones they were using. They should give them more credit because the mics would have easily plugged into the phones and captured their speech much clearer. 

I would note that RHONY's confessionals appear to be more of the 'pickup' variety as there were plenty of normal footage confessionals used as well, so this was part of the editing process that they didn't finish before lockdown occurred. They also had the issue of one of their editors dying of Covid-19 so that probably delayed them being able to wrap up production in as timely a fashion as they would have liked. 

Edited by DaytimeFan