Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

The Mama Dee scenes were incredible because Mama Dee obviously doesn't give a rip at how evil she looks on camera. When she was sniping "I'm your mother, I'm not your baaaank" and "I didn't know they gave loans to people who don't have any money..." I was wondering whether Lorimar Television had been resurrected and David Jacobs was writing her lines.

Her house was peak 1993. It was shocking how dated it was. But Faye Dunaway could only wish to be a Special Guest Star on this show. 

I really didn't like Dr. Deb on OC. That had plenty of ugly undertones to it. 

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I did not understand those Mama Dee scenes either. She loves the attention, but she also loves being seen as the wise lady/voice of reason. Last season at reunion she made a big show of wanting to bring D'Andra and Leeanne back together. She also has her own podcast dispensing advice, apparently. This was a bad look on her, as gripping as it was to watch. I don't know if we will get any backstory on why she is treating her daughter this way, but I felt like she downright despises her. Can't help but feel bad for D'Andra about that. 

Lol I mention Faye Dunaway because she appeared in a Columbo back.in the late 80s/early 90s and the mansion in that episode resembled the Mama Dee mausoleum! I hope we get further glimpses of that Simmons home this season. The curving front staircase! The bedroom! The giant photo of Mama Dee and D'Andra from 1989!

• Members

Next week, we're back in the thick of Housewives overload with the return of Atlanta and New Jersey! Thank goodness... OC is hit or miss and I don't watch Dallas.

In the meantime, how about a revisit of Housewives past and present with our own "Bravo TV Housewives Awards"  with a Soap Opera Digest Best & Worst flair to them...  

*****Please add in your own thoughts and add in more categories*****

Please register in order to view this content

Non-OG That's Made the Biggest Impact To Their City:

Sonya and Dorinda - NYC

Kandi, Phaedra, Kenya, Porsha - ATL  (side note: minus Porsha's first season. Had she stayed married to Kordell, she'd have been a one-and-done) 

Tamra, Shannon - OC

Melissa (ugh) - NJ

Brandi (ugh), Lisa Rinna, Erika - BH

Best One Hit Wonder: 

Lizzie - OC 

Kathryn - BH (there was potential, especially if they had brought her back to fill in losing Eileen) 

Worst One Hit Wonder: 

The Twins - NJ (I honestly can't remember both their names... one was Teresa, Part II) 

Carlton a.k.a. Witchy-Poo - BH 

Kim Fields - ATL (in theory, it sounded like a good casting coup, but she just wasn't cut out for this type of show) 

Best Return: 

Nene Leakes to Atlanta

Bethenny Frankel to New York 

Most Disappointing Return: 

Lydia to OC

Dina to NJ 

Most Ironic Taglines: 

ATL's Claudia: "Don't Hate Me Because I'm Beautiful. Hate me because I'm here to stay..."   ..... she lasted only one season. 

ATL's Sheree: "Don't Call it a Comeback. Call it a takeover." Although she stirred the pot, overall, her comeback fizzled out at the end... 

Messiest Housewives (In A Good Way):

Sonja, NYC 

Gizelle, POTOMAC

Messiest Housewives (In A Bad Way):

Lisa Rinna, BH 

Dorit, BH 

Most Missed Housewives: 

thoughts? I wanna hear yours

Don't EVER Return Again Housewives: 

Kim Zolciak, ATL 

Jacqueline Laurita, NJ 

Worst Sham of a Marriage: 

Teresa and Joe, New Jersey 

Erika and Tom, Beverly Hills 

Most Improved Show: Real Housewives of Potomac 

Most Disappointing Show: Real Housewives of Beverly Hills 

Best Show: Real Housewives of New York City 

• Members

@Gray Bunny I LOVE this idea! And I know what you mean. I've been enjoying OC and Dallas (perhaps for all the wrong reasons), but I can tell people here are waiting for Atlanta. 

Ok, mine are:

Non-OG that made the biggest impact:

NYC: Sonja, Dorinda.

NJ: Marge

BH: Brandi, Rinna, Erika's glam squad. Unfortunately.

ATL: Kandi, Phaedra, Kenya.

OC: Tamra, Shannon.

Melbourne: Gamble. 

Best One-Hit Wonder:

Kathryn, BH

Karent, Miami

Christina, Vancouver

Real Housewives of Auckland.

I'd still take Jules, NYC over Tinsley.

Worst one-hit wonder:

Amber Marchese, NJ

Larsa and Christy, Miami. Who, you may ask? Larsa = the lost Kardashian sister. So awful that even Pimpmomma Kris never wanted to claim her. The other one was a highly mediocre-looking 'model' too dumb to live. 

Carlton, BH.

Best return:

Bethenny, NYC. S7 was great!

Worst return:

Jacqueline to NJ.

Lydia to OC.

Most iconic taglines:

"Throw me to the wolves, and I shall return leading the pack." LVP, BH

"I run with a fa-a-abulous circle of people." Jill, NYC.

“When people tell me I’m fake, I know they’re just pulling my leg.” Aviva, NYC.

Messiest HW (good):

Sonja, NYC.

Dorinda, NYC.

Tamra, OC. Without her, this season would be another bust.

Messiest (bad):

Rinna, Dorit, BH. Just awful.

Most missed HW:

Weirdly, I've been wanting Caroline (NJ), Phaedra (ATL), Jill (NYC), TayShanna (BH) back lately. They're not my faves by any stretch, but they are needed right now.

Don't EVER return:

Kim Zolciak OWNS this category. 

Meghan, OC. I feel bad for the troubles she is going through... but honestly I'd rather have Jimmy.

Brandi, BH.

As badly as BH needs someone like her, I just can't anymore.

Every 6 months, RealityTea posts about her latest podcast, and every 6 months, it is the same thing: 

"I got fired / lost a lawsuit because of LVP!"

NO, you got fired because you shoved Kyle on camera / ran your mouth on WWHL.

It's been +6 years since BH. Time to find a new revenue stream.

Worst sham marriage:

Are Teresa & Joe even considered a sham anymore? LOL.

Erika & Tom, Rinna & Harry, BH.

Most improved: Potomac.

DisappointingBH wins hands down. But Atlanta is runner up. They need the Carlos King production team back.

Best: NYC!

May I add another category?

Comeuppances that are long overdue:

Tamra, OC

Kyle and Rinna, BH.

Comedic-legend-in-her-own-mind Vyle threw her own sister under the bus, not to mention pals Camille, Taylor and LVP. Tried to smear the witchy one as antisemitic. Meanwhile, Rinna has become an exterminating robot without empathy or kindness. She literally preys on weakness.

'Friends Of' who should be HWs:

Faye Resnick, BH.

Danielle Staub, NJ.

HWs you love to watch whenever, wherever:

La Dame Karen, Potomac.

Luann, Ramona, Sonja, NYC.

Lydia, Giner, Melbourne.

Edited by Cat

• Members

I love this @Gray Bunny

Non-OG That's Made the Biggest Impact To Their City:

Sonya and Dorinda - NYC

Kandi, Phaedra, Kenya,  - ATL  

Tamra, Shannon - OC

Melissa (ugh) - NJ

Lisa Rinna, Brandi (sadly, I agree... for the worst) - BH

Best One Hit Wonder: 

Lizzie - OC 

Kathryn - BH

Kim Fields Atlanta - Kim vs Kenya all season and the reunion was everything

Worst One Hit Wonder: 

The Twins - NJ (Teresa and Nicole???I) 

Amber- NJ

Carlton a.k.a. Witchy-Poo - BH 

Best Return: 

Bethenny Frankel to New York 

Most Disappointing Return: 

Lydia to OC

Nene to Atlanta  

Most Ironic Taglines: 

hmmmm not sure 

Housewvies you wish were one and done:

Dorit- BH

Brandi- BH

Kelly Dodd - OC

Messiest Housewives (In A Good Way):

I never think of being messy as a good thing

Messiest Housewives (In A Bad Way):

Lisa Rinna, BH 

Dorit, BH

Kelly Dodd, OC 

Most Missed Housewives: 

Jeana - OC

Don't EVER Return Again Housewives: 

Kim Zolciak, ATL 

Jacqueline Laurita, NJ 

Gretchen Rossi, OC

Worst Sham of a Marriage: 

Aren't all of them?

Most Improved Show: Real Housewives of Orange County (they're messy, yet are owning it.. so I can't fault them)

Most Disappointing Show: Real Housewives of Beverly Hills 

Best Show: Real Housewives of New York City 

• Members

The more categories, the better!

Ugh, I forgot Jacqueline made an official return the year Dolores and Soggy joined. Ugh. Never come back. 

I can do without Phaedra but totally agree with the others. 

Isn't it funny how Taylor Armstrong's image has been making the social media rounds these days? 

This one's funny: 

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/rhobh-taylor-armstrong-is-here-for-the-woman-yelling-at-cats-meme-but-still-doesnt-hilariously-understand-it.html/

• Members

Atlanta taglines are here! 

Kandi/Eva:  I'm hoping these are delivered better on camera vs. the way I read them in my head. 

Nene:  Good, although I question her "spiritual journey".  

Porsha:  YASSS!

Kenya:  Too predictable and not original.

Cynthia:  Boring

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/pictures/real-housewives-of-atlanta-season-12-taglines-revealed/kandi-burruss-7/

• Members

IA. Gina was awful, and I say this as someone highly turned off by Brown Wind. This was a coordinated set-up. Tamra, Shannon and the others were watching like they totally knew this would happen and even chiming in with prepared questions.

This episode reminded me how much I have missed Vicki (no Steve thankfully). Taking a call from the office. Getting cake smeared on her face. "i don't want her at my funeral" re: Kelly -- classic Vicki. 

Kelly was on WWHL with Brandi Glanville (pretending to be BFFs so that Brandi can join RHOC) and she can barely string a sentence together. "F*ckin assh*le, f*ckin b*tch." People say Kelly is 'making' the OC this season but IDA.

Dallas:

Finally -- the wedding. I'm glad we don't have to wait 18 long episodes for this to happen. Whenever I see Leeanne's bridal gown, I think about how she pressured the designer to get it for free, lol.

Kary and Brandi have, I am sorry to say, awful daughters. If I had kids talking to me like that, I would confiscate their sewing machine/scooter with a quickness. These women need to stop begging for the approval of their daughters.

The D'Andra/Mama Dee drama continues in a Lorimar Pictures production of 'Housewives Landing.' Begging for money dressed in an evening gown and shoes with silver wings on them! In that fancy La Mirage restaurant! Mama Dee cackling like a witch! Amazing.

Edited by Cat

• Members

Yes. I can't believe I forgot to add Kelly Dodd to the Messiest Housewife (In A Bad Way)  list. 

Brandi & Kelly cackling together on WWHL was a display of pure gutter trash at its dirtiest.  

Oh and a big YES to Tamra's much needed comeuppance. Kelly said she's going to go hard on her at the reunion and Andy looked a little terrified (but more like terrified in a "ouch this might hurt but I'll like it" kind of way) 

I was liking Braunwyn, but she becomes a blubbering mess way too easily.  Braunwyn and Kim Fields are better suited for New York Season 1 circa 2008 calmness, where the only drama was Simon coming to an "all girls dinner." 

Ah yes. Nicole. Thank you. 

Everyone here watch the WWHL interview with Joe and Teresa?  Good grief, that was awkward. It's clear the two of them have already separated and made plans for the future without each other and will have a family meeting in Italy to make it all official with the girls. They slipped so many times in their interview, what with Joe admitting to encouraging Teresa to go after rich older men instead of young hotties with tight bodies. 

At least Tre finally admitted publicly that she believes/knows Joe cheated on her all these years, or at least while Tre was in prison... 

Edited by Gray Bunny

• Members

Kelly Dodd (there is only one Kelly whose name stands alone imo  Rbv9E_ky5UofLRWjjsln89-fwTf-IDflRkVDpcGE) was rocking some clown-makeup contouring on WWHL. And Brandi's face is now almost unrecognizable. She also mentioned that she and Kyle are now 'close.' How interesting. What a coincidence.

LOL Andy looked like Kelly Dodd had just pulled out an XXL strap-on made of steel! 

Tamra is looking at some MAJOR comeuppance. I suspect she doesn't want the same fate as Vicki so she is working extra hard this year. And as awful as she is, Tamra is crucial to OC right now. Without her, who would take on the Rage Monster? Who would body-shame Emily? Who would passive-aggressively bully Braunwyn? We would have nothing to talk about or rage against except for Gina's fake accent.

Like watching two primates battle it out on National Geographic!

Wasn't the game up in Napa when he kept his mic on while calling his wife a see-you-next-Tuesday on the phone to his mistress? 

Edited by Cat

• Members

OC:Gina is just awful. I loathe Vicky, but I would rather see Vicky than Gina. Gina is so entitled for someone who got arrested for drunk driving. Everything is someone else's fault and everyone should obsess about her needs. Gina and the other women were so outraged that Braunwyn mentioned "public school." Did you see their faces? I can't with these entitled witches. Braunwyn was actually giving good advice about public school but the ladies acted as if she had said she had ebola. I wanted to get behind the over the top tea party but the way they treat Emily is just infuriating. Emily is a T***p supporter and they are making me feel for her. Tamra is so desperate to keep her paycheck that she is forcing story to a ridiculous degree. Kelly Dodd may be a nightmare person but her humour is the only thing saving this season. The less said about Tamra's son the better.

RHOA: horrible taglines. They need to go back and record new ones.

RHONJ:Speaking of entitled, Joe and Teresa are the worst. She never takes responsibility for anything. I don't watch RHONJ (haven't for yrs) but why do people care about her? The whole discussion about ICE and Immigration was so racist and icky. I don't care what happens to either one.