Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

I checked TVBytheNumbers.com and although The New Normal had only 3.1 million viewers, the competing sitcom on ABC had only 2.8 million... Geez, is this how low network television has sunken in viewership? Wow... (I could understand if it were reruns, but not *new* shows)

Edited by Gray Bunny

• Replies 39.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Since The Voice went off New Normal has sunk down to 1.1 in the demo and I think less than 4 million in the total viewers.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/01/30/tv-ratings-tuesday-the-new-normal-go-on-hit-lows-the-taste-drops-vegas-new-girl-rise/167318/

I think part of it is based on how niche everything is now.

I guess even if NN fails Nene might be able to go back to Glee, which will probably have another season. I think Sue is just about done anyway, people stopped caring about her in season 2.

• Members

I dont think a sitcom being single camera or multi-camera filming is what makes it good or bad. For instance, The Middle and Modern Family are single camera shows and have fairly healthy viewership. They are well-written, funny, and not so niche.

Plus, TNN is very skewed for liberals and seem to portray the right wing conservatives as these angry psychos. I have several relatives that are very conservative and they do not act like that whatsoever.

Off topic, I think it is time for Adrienne, Taylor, and Kim to go bye bye when season 4 comes... and Faye should be banned from being filmed.

• Members

I agree, I like that the episodes build and it isn't a constantly negative, ugly show like NJ or even ATL to an extent, which is why I had to give up on those franchises. I really hate Adrienne too. She is the most humourless shrew to ever grace a RH franchise. And I've seen Jody Claman on RHoV...

I love Yolanda. She is a sensible European woman, love her common sense and how dismissive she is of anyone and anything she deems beneath her. You've said it, BH has glamour and this glamour provides us with delicious beats to enjoy that the other franchises simply couldn't hope to provide.

In Vanderpump Rules Lisa states that SUR is owned by herself, Ken and other partners, including Guillermo and his wife who are seen regularly in the show. Lisa explained that after decades running their London restaurants and clubs from the ground up, many late hours and missed weekends, taking on partners allowed them to be more "hands off" with the day to day aspects while focusing on the concept of the restaurant.

The restaurant business is an amazingly awful one, most restaurants don't last a year. That Ken and Lisa launched over 25 bars, restaurants and clubs in London, arguably the most competitive market in the world, successfully, selling a group of them to the Trocadero Group in 2002 for over ten million pounds sterling, says a lot about their abilities. At the same time, taking on partners just protects them from over-investing into the business and from liabilities if they flounder. It's standard practice, why Camille would attempt to make it seem deceptive is beyond me, it's obvious she's desperate to return full time.

• Members

http://www.slice.ca/shows/realhousewivesvancouver/default.aspx?Title_ID=273301

Real Housewives of Vancouver returns on Tuesday!

Three New Housewives replace Christina & Reiko.

Amanda_BioDetail.jpg

Amanda

Cast, The Real Housewives of Vancouver

Amanda is a woman with a lot of baggage – and not just the Louis Vuitton variety! Joining the cast for Season Two, Amanda is best described as a bad girl gone good. A recovering alcoholic, Amanda has given up her partying ways and found strength in a life of sobriety and healthy living. Although Amanda has traded in her wild lifestyle, she’s far from being tame. A self-confessed sex addict with a short temper, she enjoys a passionate and fiery relationship with her gorgeous long-distance boyfriend, Kyle, who lives south of the border in Seattle, WA. Recently divorced from a man who took care of everything, Amanda doesn’t have to work to maintain her luxurious lifestyle, and her main focus lies on raising her three children, ages 10, seven and five, on Vancouver’s North Shore. She believes that honesty is always the best policy. As a result, Amanda is quick to call people out on their lies and bad behavior – a trait which earns her a lot of respect…and enemies! Be sure to set your alerts and reminders because you don't want to miss this!

Ioulia_BioDetail.jpg

Ioulia

Joining the cast for Season Two, Ioulia (pronounced Yoo-lee-ah) is a Russian-born beauty who immigrated to Canada over 11 years ago with her family. Married to a wealthy venture capitalist almost 20 years her senior, Ioulia has a fierce desire to build a career and be independent but currently relies on her husband for financial support as she tries to find her feet. Having studied at Sotheby’s in London, Ioulia hopes to make her mark as a broker in the high stakes art world. While Ioulia’s marriage may garner cynicism from the other wives, she and her husband of five years are deeply in love. They share a passion for art, fashion and luxury cars. Ioulia also prides herself on being the cool stepmother of his four children. Ioulia and her husband live in the prestigious Coal Harbour. With an exotic accent, a fiery Russian temper and a unique sense of humour that doesn't always translate, Ioulia frequently elicits a raised eyebrow or headshake from the other wives, who can't quite figure out if their new comrade is a friend or a foe!

Robin_BioDetail.jpg

Robin

They say everything’s bigger in Texas and Robin’s outgoing personality is certainly proof of that. Robin moved to Vancouver from the Lone Star State 19 years ago and brought with her a deep southern twang and a passion for riding horses. A mother of two young girls, Robin lives a country chic lifestyle complete with two nannies, a Point Grey home and a Prada saddle for her European Warmblood horse, Giggy – all thanks to a healthy settlement from her recent divorce – yeehaw! Joining the cast for Season Two, Robin feels that Vancouver women need to loosen up and start breaking the rules. Although her southern roots are founded on strong Christian values, Robin’s appetite for gossip and penchant for partying often put her at odds with her belief system, and the other wives. But adversity is no sweat for this southern belle. With eight years of experience working in Dallas-area prisons, Robin is a tough-as-nails straight shooter with a heart as big as Texas and a mouth to match!