OLTL: Rachel Spoiler

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It is insane. SH is the best actor in that triangle so why is she on the outside looking in? Maybe I am right and that they are hoping that TK will go back there. Natalie and John were not even that special the first time around so why go back there? Natalie's husband just died why is she even in a romance so quickly? If anything, she should be in the Jessica story getting closer to Brody. Frons, FV, and RC are running OLTL into the ground.

• Members

It's not an RC issue so much as an ABC issue. RC worships Susan Haskell, but ABC doesn't care about female leads if they can't prop Frons's leading men. Susan "failed" with ME, therefore she is now useless and backburner fodder to ABC, likely soon to be fired. This is an old story we've seen many times with many leading ladies.

If it was me I'd keep most of the Evanses on the periphery, supporting others and slotting into story where appropriate (like Frankie Faison as a Statesville guard), maybe keep Destiny as a major teen character, but otherwise replace their current story-moving roles on the canvas with a reinvigorated Hall family, perhaps Joshua and his kids, a "new generation." That way you have potential love interests of color for everyone from Rachel to Natalie to the younger girls, or some of the men. Let Rachel expand her current role as social worker and counselor into a full-fledged activist.

• Members

I agree, I think he has yet to be given adequate sreen time and material to really find his feet here, and he never will get those key scenes if they're robbing him of his family. He didn't knock his Chairgate scene out of the park and that hurt him in the viewers' eyes. But for real for real, how many OTT hamtastic performances have we been treated to over the years from actors who are mainstays in daytime (not to mention his current castmates, and they know who they are)? We move on, he deserves just as much of a chance. I've seen him in other things, and as DeeeDee says, he's solid enough. He's a trained actor (not that that always means something) and I know he's handled heavier material. I'm not mad at Greg, I'm mad at the show for sparing him and losing Rachel and phasing out his folks. He's a character who needs to be a part of a group of characters like that to be viable, tolerable even.

• Members

Exactly.

She just won another Emmy & her options are pathetic third wheel in a Jolie triangle or powerless victim of her serial rapist. As bad as the writing gets for Blair at least she gets occasional scenes with Starr & Dorian. Marty & Cole barely see each other unless it concerns Todd.

You know Frons isn't letting her near the Jessica story. She's a therapist & someone who would be a rational friend to Jess which would get in Teen Jess way of throwing herself at Cris.

• Members

I think Terrell tries very hard and after GL, seemed thrilled to have been hired on a show that (at the time) was making an effort with its black canvas. I liked Greg and Rachel at first, but I don't think he's the greatest actor and I always sensed that unless they got the best story ever, they would bomb, and they did; he can't carry bad material. I've already said my piece about what I feel they should've done with him at the hospital, but I have less than zero interest with Rachel gone.

• Members

I agree with all points. Were there really a ton of John and Natalie fans clamoring for a reunion?

One of the biggest problems I have with soaps is how soon people move on after their lover/spouse dies. Natalie should still be wearing black, not locking lips with McBain.

I hope Patrick Thornhart is coming back.

• Members

I don't think the fans have any input so I have a hard time believing anyone was really clamoring for a John and Natalie reunion or a Cristian and Jessica reunion. Not when Natalie was in a popular pairing with Jared and Cristian was in a decent pairing where his character became rootable after 3 failures. Marty, Jared and Layla aren't the characters ABC will invest in and I agree with Vee that at least the writers were invested in Marty and Jared.

I can't see Patrick returning with OLTL in the current condition it is in. Isn't he headed back to AMC for a brief stint?

Blair is the only one who will probably survive out of that bunch.

• Members

I think Marty is going no matter what. Given how Ron seems to be so fond of Tea that he casually rewrote years of history just to try to give her more room on the canvas, I think he would dump Blair over her if he had the choice.

The problem I had with Rachel/Greg is I thought the relationship was so rushed, as were Shaun/Rachel. It seemed like it was shaping up to be yet another story where the man who gives a woman rough treatment is her soulmate. I also don't think they realized the unfortunate message they were sending when both Shaun and Destiny were written as sad losers in love.

Archived