OLTL: Rachel Spoiler

• Members

Not that I expected anything big, but over at Soap Opera Central their spoilers say that Rachel makes plan to leave town.

THANK GOD she makes it out of Llanview alive!

I am still bummed about her firing, there are at least 5 people (JPL, Farah Fath, Michael Easton, David Gregory, Terel Tilford) that should have went over her.

Rachel/Schuyler= MISSED OPPURTUNITY! <_<

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A week and a half. :(

Hope we get some good Nora/Rachel scenes before she goes.

I know. I was hoping maybe Rachel and Schuyler could have become an insta-couple, and left town together. :lol:

A little unrealistic, but compared to some of the show's other stories it's fine. LOL

• Members

I'm pretty sure Sky only "exits" after Rachel. I can't buy that she would leave town right now, unless ABC really doesn't like two black women on any other show than GH where of course they are getting a promotional blitz as OMG LOOK WE ARE HIRING BLACK PEOPLE, NO OTHER SHOW DOES THAT

In any event, a clean, swift exit does allow for bringing her back someday. Stranger things have occurred.

• Members

Absolutely.

I loved those scenes where Nora confided in Rachel about her feelings for Bo.

Had they kept Rachel and Schuyler, they could have had Sky fall of the wagon, and Rachel want to help him and she begins to fall in love. Then, Nora would have been involved not wanting her daughter to be involved with him because he does drugs. Seeing as that Sky is Roxy's kid, it could have included alot of characters, and provided us with character interactions we hardly or never see. Bo, Matthew, Roxy, Tea etc. could have been brought into this as well. They could have also revisited Rachel and Marty's friendship, and brought her in as the supportive friend. Rachel could also be a friend to Marty in this horrid triangle she is currently apart of.

• Members

I think it's fairly evident in recent episodes that they were planning to do Rachel and Sky, right down to the break-up with Greg and the two playing house with Sierra. But when rewrites kicked in, this entire story hit fast forward in a major way, from Greg and Rachel breaking up to Kim and Clint marrying and soon ending, to Sky, Fish and Kyle learning the truth and so on. The plotting is on meth now, plus Rachel is now just..leaving in the middle of a story she is intimately involved in.

• Members

I can't help wondering what might have been if they'd paired Sky and Rachel many months ago, and never gone for Rachel/Greg or Sky/Gigi. The former never went anywhere and the latter existed only to try to make us love Rex/Gigi.

• Members

Yeah, I don't get the massive rewriting either. They must have hit a HUGE budget deficit.

Yep, and Schuyler and Rachel is what they should've done. Rachel leaving is such lost potential. As sad as I am over Kish leaving, I think I'm equally sad about Rachel because there was so much potential there that wasn't given a chance at all. :(

• Members

Greg should have never been created period.

Rachel got sectioned off with the Evans Family away from everyone else. I thought they would connect her to Marty when they had her involved in Cole's drug storyline, and then had hopes she would be getting airtime being with Tea. Man, I thought her being Nora's daughter and having history would give them motivation to write for her.

I will just have to imagine what could have been with Rachel and Sky. If she hadn't been with the boring Evans clan, things would have been different. None of them have/had a place on the show but Destiny... and that's a big MAYBE with Destiny.

• Members

But that's not Greg's fault.

Rachel could've still been an important part of the canvas & in a relationship with Greg. Lord knows Gigi isn't hurting for airtime or story.

The Evans family were fine they were no more hastily introduced than Tea/Ross/ScreamingSpawn/Eli but what were they given after Shaun was shot? Even if Terrell's horrible scene was enough to sink him Frankie & Tonye are more than talented enough to carry story.

• Members

I hate that the bulk of super intelligent, level-headed Rachel's time on this show has been wasted being cracked out. They couldn't come up with anything for her, nothing to keep her around? First there was Hank, then there was Rachel, then there was Nora, and Nora's the lucky one who bagged a couple of Buchanans and has become a mainstay on the show. Rachel deserves a bigger piece of the pie.

Bye Rachel, I will miss you, and DD, you did an excellent job carrying the torch of this character. I swear, if I start to think about OLTL for too long I find myself getting very angry.

• Members

DD was a nice throwback to what Ellen Bethea was -- Ellen was earthier and had more of a spirit but they still seemed like the same wise counsel who struggled for balance. Ellen struggled with Kevin and his problems and with such control freak, strong-willed parents, while DD struggled with her past, with her feelings for Greg, with her sense of shame.

Mari Morrow was a weak actress and Rachel just became this generic girl gone wild. Sandra was OK but she seemed whiny, or the character did at the time.

This was a great chance to right those wrongs, and instead all we get is the final confirmation that it doesn't really matter how talented you are or how much potential your character has, if you're not white.

Archived