Article on Days' Brash&Cwikly era

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I need to rewatch this. I think I saved it all on tape. You're right, this was a pretty good umbrella storyline from B&C. Another umbrella storyline that had potential was the fallout of Stefan's will.

"Murder at Midnight" - I was really excited for this. I think this was another story that B&C didn't get a chance to finish (like Stefano's will story).

Stupid Ken Corday for promoting Dena Higley!

• Members

Heh I really enjoyed the early parts of the Colin murder mystery, it was great classic Days stuff. Then Colin turned up alive on the stupid island to clear Nicole...sheer and utter ridiculousness...though we never saw what happened to Colin after the island stuff.

• Members

Toups: I have most of the storyline saved on tapes. I uploaded everything I had to youtube a few months ago. The only parts of the story I didn't have was some scenes with Lexie, Celeste, Tony and Abe in Lexie's jail cell and the scenes at the Brady Pub when Bo tells everyone that Hope is dead. I have uploaded everything else, here is the playlist http://www.youtube.com/user/FrancoMendez?feature=mhw4#g/c/ECF4902D65F45FA1

I've also uploaded the entire "Murder at Midnight" storyline

http://www.youtube.com/user/FrancoMendez?feature=mhw4#g/c/46A31A37A973345B

• Members

I loved Cwikly and Brash's tenure on the show. I think I still have one of my favorite episodes written by them on tape, and that is Alice's birthday celebration.

Realistic isn't a word that's used with DAYS often, but I adore the fact that Larry's kidnapping of Hope had lasting affects after the story ended, such as Hope's struggle to get Larry out of her mind. Perhaps one of the few and last time I actually felt sympathy for Hope.

• Members

Yeah they wrote alot of stuff like that.

- Austin dumping Sami in Vegas

- Bo and Hope giving JT up

- Tony's return

- The Meteor Shower

- Stefano's Will Reading

- The Storm/Blackout

- Celebration of Heroes

- Light The Night Walk

- Halloween Party

- Thanksgiving

- Christmas

- Victor and Nicole's Wedding and Colin's Murder on New Years Eve

- Alice's Birthday Party

- Valentine's Day

• Members

I remember a lot of rumors that Rhasaan Orange, who wound up playing TEK, was originally hired to play Bill Horton, Jr. -- an illegitimate son from Africa. It seemed like there was even groundwork laid for him to show up, and then Bill had that stupid binturang or whatever delivered to Abby instead. Was that during Higley's time? It was all so ridiculous.

• Members

jack and jen were both botched right from the get go...well when jen first returned she was working with Bo that was good...then she was in that car accident that was good then she believed she was going crazy like her mom did that was good the rest went downhill and if i remember she had that horrible talk show in the house and also been hanging over a cliff for weeks when they were on the island.

Archived