The Suds Report 2/26/10

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wasn't it last year that Nelson was talking about an actor in a dual role who was being eased out because he was ill or couldn't remember his lines? That was interpreted to be about David Canary. It seems like for whatever reason he puts that stuff out there about David.

• Members

There was something a year ago about the soap cruise and how DC was forgetting his lines and Susan Lucci wanted him out of there. No idea how true it is except first they killed Stuart and now DC is off the show. This sort of makes me inclined to believe the gossip because just how coincidental does it get before you have to give pause? I guess he could have just gotten incredibly lucky in guessing that DC's days were numbered. I guess.

• Members

It's funny that Nelson's report these days is about 10% filled with already outdate scoop and spoilers and 90% pure BS made up by him. It seems that since he was forced to stop his blind item section(which were lies--come on, multiple male actors in a giant orgy? Noelle Beck's personal toilet being deliberately clogged up by Maura West? Please!) his whole column has entirely become the blind item section, and he is always wrong...like about ATWT's renewal. One week later, its cancellation was announced.

• Members

OLTL has always been the red headed stepchild at ABC...it's never been the 'hot show' for the network.

The Emmy pre noms are a snooze. I'm really rooting for the DAYS pre noms, particularly John Aniston and Arianne Zuker, if any two people deserved Emmys, it's those two for carring the show for the last year.

I am surprised that Jess Walton didn't land a pre nom for supporting actress, she told Branco she was going to submit herself...very interesting, especially since Hendrickson has no material to submit and Haiduk's OTT performance doesn't have a hope in hell of winning. It's clear to me that the Y&R prenoms, aside from Doug Davidson's SHOCKING pre nom (way to go Doug!), are very motivated by MAB and Rauch and Sony.

I wonder how forceful the producers are in these nominations...DAYS' really seem to reflect the truth about how the cast feels (though Nadia Bjorlin's pre nom seems like a waste to me, Suzanne Rogers must have had a scene SOMEWHERE that could have worked), B&B's seem to be in line with how the cast rolls, same with GH and ATWT...and then the Y&R, AMC and OLTL pre noms and it seems like they were dictated from a higher power.

Branco continues to be pretty damn offensive. If I were Bloom or Carruthers I'd be very careful to read his articles, there is slander there and they could easily sue and win.

• Members

Regarding Canary wanting to retire for a while now, there's a SOD interview with him from early 2008 where he was talking about how his contract was up and that he was probably going to sign the new one ABC had offered him but that he was doing so rather reluctantly because he didn't know if he could keep up with the pace of things for a couple more years. So it seems it could have easily happened back then, even when the show was in NY.

• Members

The fact is, AMC should have prepared themselves a long time ago for DC's retirement/exit. (What, did they think the man would live and work there forever?) Now, though, he's leaving, Skye would rather be back in Port Charles, and AMC is left with two gigantic holes on its canvas (counting, also, James Mitchell's absence here) that probably will never be filled. (Don't get me wrong, I love Vincent Irizarry's David, too. But let's get serious.)

Archived