The Suds Report 2/26/10

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

His Adam/Palmer comment was a big WTF? Their rivalry drove a lot of story in the 80s, and eventually settled into a semi-comedic frenemyship (is that even a word? LOL), even through McTavish's last era when they joined forces to protect Erica & Bianca during the Michael Cambis whodunnit. It seems like a fitting character-oriented way for him to leave, and will bring his relationship with Palmer full circle. I'm sad he's leaving, but I'm looking forward to that storyline. Yeah, I have the feeling too that Nelson ties AMC's success with OLTL's failure and is jealous of the press the show has gotten lately as well as its ratings increase. He really is sad.

• Members

AMC has been horrible for years but has obviously done something right recently- those ratings don't lie.

Jealousy? I'm jealous myself that OLTL gets no promotion. I probably would have the same agenda that Nelson has- this is why I could never be a journalist.

He can be highly unprofessional.

May I add that OLTL's prenominee list reminds me of Y&R's last year? IT SUCKS.

If I was running a show, I would submit who I knew had the scenes/episode to WIN. The only actors on OLTL last year who have tapes to win are Florencia Lozano and maybe Bree- Florencia would have WON any category.)

What a waste. Crystal Hunt, emmy material? Jerry Ver Dorn? Hillary B Smith I LOVE, but did I miss something last year? Robert S Woods? I hope I am forgetting something.

OLTL will be lucky to have 3 or 4 nominations this year. And I predict that B&B will win again, now that Brad Bell has attended JFP Emmy Episode University.

• Members

That's true for the entire show isn't it? If OLTL were better written and paced it would deserve the same promotion as AMC but it isn't. Don't get me wrong the show has some phenomenal talent. I'd put JvD and RSW up against Canary any day but OLTL simply doesn't have the "perfect storm" of promotable events happening that AMC does: the 40th, the move, death of an icon, DC retirement, Brooke/Jackson/Greenlee return, etc. All they have is an upcoming Glee ripoff.

And they'll never have Erica Kane.

• Members

I see what you're saying, but in terms of recent stories, I think that a buildup of the Cramer women on the show itself, and their dynamics, along with a promo showing various clips of them in danger with "Who will live? Who will die?" could have worked. Or if they had made Dorian make the choice. It would have to be better than promos constantly focusing on crap like Danielle or the Stacy baby story, where the stories just aren't worth watching, even if the promo might be OK.

They had a story on Hollyoaks a few years ago where Myra McQueen and her many children were kidnapped and Myra had to choose which one would die. The promos for it were great and helped drive the ratings up high for that week.

• Members

I think ABC very much favors GH. It has always, and I think always will be, their pet. And AMC is definitely their second pit. They promote the [!@#$%^&*] out of those two shows, but yet I dont see anything ever about OLTL. And they almost never mention OLTL in their press releases....I think ABC know that at some point soon one of their soaps has to go, and since AMC and GH have traditionally been their pets, they just gave up on promoting OLTL..It's a shame, because there have been many many times when it is better than both the other shows.

• Members

I don't ever remember DC talking about wanting to retire. The only thing I've ever read in regards to that was Nelson's BS. Last year he said DC has alot trouble learning his lines and they were gonna phase out Adam cause Stuart's lines were easier to remember. He had it where DC was basically like he was feeble.

I think DC would still be with the show if it hadn't moved to LA.

Archived