Peyton Place

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Managed to finally find something on PP79. i recognise Don Matheson,Adam West and Elaine Princi.Can anyone spot any other faces in that picture.

Big deal made of David Lawrence.He later exec produced SFT in its final days.He had worked for P&G before and had also worked on a lot of European co productions.

pp79.jpg

• Members

Oh wow! That is quite the find. I'd love a DVD release one day that included that and those five episodes of Return To Peyton Place as bonus features. It will never happen, but there is a ton of stuff out there to do a massive complete collection for this show. Is it safe to assume Peyton Place 79 was a remake meant for primetime? I kinda get that feel since they didn't attempt to bring back any old cast members, but it does look like the characters are older than the start of the series. It's so close to Murder In Peyton Place that I'm surprised they didn't attempt to bring any old actors back. Probably would've been easier to sell.

• Members

No wonder it was a hard sell, I didn't realize it was one of those late night syndicated soaps. I wonder if they did a one episode pilot or a full week. How does it typicall go with soap pilots?

I wonder who won that Peyton Place '82 story projection. I'd be curious to read that. Maybe something similar could be found with the '79 version.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Did anyone see the 3rd episode of American Horror Story on FX? There was a time shift scene back to the mid 60s and Peyton Place was playing on the television. The show's audio played through out the entire scene and there were several closeups of the television showing Leslie Harrington (Paul Langton) and his sister Laura (Patricia Breslin).

• 1 month later...