Gay dating site TURNED DOWN by CBS for Super bowl commerical

alphanguy74

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

After the Janet Jackson incident, I would turn down this too. I'm a gay man myself and am not offended they turned it down. This would put CBS under so much scrutiny. If a breast can cause a firestorm, so can two men pseudo-making out. It's just the kind of country we live in. :(

• Administrator

They weren't even kissing! LOL I thought the end was pretty funny too with the friend having a weird look of "Um....what's going on?" And a Packer/Viking fan making out? Yeah right. :lol:

Geez, some of America are so conversative.

• Members

It's a bunch of bullshit. CBS can air promos for CSI that show ROTTING CORPSES DURING THE LUNCH HOUR, but not his ad?? I'm outraged over it. but not surprised. I guess we can now be sure who was behind the NUKE kissing ban. I mean, if a country like Israel can air a commercial this:

• Members

That commercial is so chic and stylish, I love it! It'd never air in the US.

Seriously, things like this piss me off. They talk so much about how things are changing and gays are being featured more in shows, but damn, if you can't have a gay couple on the screen for a few seconds out of a 30 second commercial, how far have we really come?

I think of those pretentious commercials that feature all sorts of couples. You know, little boy and little girl on the playground, Grandma and Grandpa in their rocking chairs, the teen football player and his cheerleader girlfriend, the newlyweds, etc. Would it kill them to slip in a clip of two men or two women in love? It doesn't have to be a big deal. Just have them in there alongside everyone else.

• Members

Keep in mind the Snickers ads from last year had a gay kiss, but it was very homophobic, so it was allowed to air. The campaign had four different versions with different (all disgusted) reactions from football players from both teams. So basically it's okay to show a case kiss, as long as it's done in an offensive way to gay people that homophobes would find humorous.

Archived