Y&R Neilsen Forum

• Members

Done. I tried to mention good things about Nikki, Ashley and Jill (my three favourite dames) wherever I could, but my time was mostly spent clicking "poor" on 75% of the characters and bitching about agendas that prop up Victor-must-win-at-all-cost and those kuh-RAZY Baldwins. Oh, and getting Victoria Rowell back. I also queefed about Lily being badly played and how Neil needs story that ties him to the rest of the canvas. Oh, and "Beth Maitland on contract" also got a shout-out! Ouf!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's great to have this survey again.

Say what you you want but this actually seems like someone MIGHT READ it eventually and there will be some consideration given to it. At least the last two times drastic changes happened a few months later...

...and it couldn't happen sooner. I spent basically pisspoor ratings on 75 % of all couples given and also a lot characters got a fair or poor from me. I gave them credit for feauturing Kay as the mother superior of GC though and expressed my wish for Jill to become more centric again.

• Members

I was content with MAB's Y&R for quite a long time and still think a lot of critism for several posters here is blowing things way out of proportion. But ever since Colleen's death and Victor's exit which mean nothing for me as turning points character or story-wise (aka. I couldn't care less) the show took a nosedive and has gotten worse each month. By December they fixed a lot regarding character balance and threw in the Winters and the Chancellors and business which they neglected for months but the main stories are just too crappy for words. I HATE Lame, this ADAM especially with Sharon, PHICK, Jack & Emily and those fill up 70% of airtime. The execution of the Chancellor IPO and the Kay/Jill angle leave lots to be desired although it is the bright spot of the show. Hence I loved this survey and spent as many fairs and poors as I could, yet giving them props where I consider them due.

• Members

If we see any changes on this show, I'd assume they'll be taking place 4-5 months down the line.

As I mentioned before, both Jack Smith and Latham were ousted a few months after these surveys went out, and many speculated they were a huge part of this. While, I'm still optimistic about a regime change, who knows? But if anything creatively changes on the show, I'm guessing we'll see the results 4-5 months from now.

Oh, and Hogan Sheffer's contract is up in May or June, I believe...

• Members

Well, we already knew this. :lol::P

But what I'm saying is, if these surveys are taken seriously and the popular results of them are reflected in the writing, I think the results themselves will show on this show 4-5 months down the line.

I think this regime is 2-3 months ahead in written material, so by August or September?

If we're LUCKY enough to get a regime change though...

• Members

The Hogan news is intriguing. What about Hamner? It's those two I'd like to see replaced...to see if it matters.

I'm so worried that 4 LANE fans will submit 5 million surveys, and we'll have LANE 5 days a week. I'm almost as worried about that as I was about

, LOL.

• Members

No. If they switch out Hogan and Hamner, and we still get the same sh!t (and I freely admit that much of this is sh!t), then it reduces the list of causal factors. It could well be Maria (I agree she is at best a weak leader). But if (as I suspect) Maria goes and it is still the same sh!t (because we're seeing some stylistic commonalities right now to LML, IMO), then Sony and Bloom get my blame.

• Members

Maria's solo run was a colossal failure with horribly paced and plotted stories, and these traits have still existed with Hamner and Sheffer there too. She has a lot of the blame, but they all share the blame for the joke Y&R's become, as far as I'm concerned.

Maria's leadership skills are weak, what does that say about her ability as the "showrunner"?

Some of the staff writers need to go too, as they produce consistently awful scripts and breakdowns. That means you Lisa Connor, Tom Casiello, Amanda Beall, and Jay Gibson...

Archived