Y&R: Potpourri Thread 3

• Members

I guess I could've posted this in the episode thread since we're talking Lauren, but I'll put it here. I've said it before, but I want Lauren and Noah to hook up. SORAS him to 18 and lets go! She needs her edge back in a realistic way. I could see her going for a cougar relationship and Michael treats her as an afterthought so that needs to end soon.

If not Noah maybe it could be Nate since he'll have to be deSORASED now that Eddie Winslow is playing Malcolm.

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

God, I have to agree. This show is so creatively bankrupt, it's not even funny.

People might say if we detest the current state of the show so much now, why do we watch? Well, all I can say is, too many of us are loyal to our soaps, no matter how bad they get. We only want the best for them, and when they're bad, we refuse too be good little fanbois and fangurls and act as if nothing is going on.

Unless there's some change at this show, behind the scenes with a better writing and producing team (even going back to Bell era writers), then yes, Y&R deserves to be canceled. If this current writing team is allowed to stay until the end of the show, as many suspect, then the show has very little chance of ever being stable or getting better again.

• Members

But a Wild Turkey bottle doesn't look like that. Anyone who drinks or has worked in a bar will tell you top shelf liquor doesn't come in a bottle that looks like that.

At least GH will recycle Crown Royal bottles and replace the logo. I even occasionally see Hennessey in the background at Luke's Club.

I just had this image of Ashley and Victor making screwdrivers with Heaven Hill Vodka when I saw Abby clutching that tacky looking bottle. I was like, "No, no, no. If you're going for something mid-level, at least take a Maker's bottle and put a line through it."

• Members

I think if Y&R had better management (this means a better writing and producing staff), things can be repaired.

But since it looks like this current team might never be replaced, the show will continue to suffer creatively and will go out with this damaging vision.

Sigh, no one cares. And you know members of the Y&R writing team will be reading this thread. I hope they're proud of their part in Y&R's destruction. Damn hacks...

Archived