Y&R: Potpourri Thread 3

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

From what I understand, Bill DID do all the breakdowns for both shows while B&B was new and being launched, but then slowly gave over more of the reigns to others. Sylph doesn't seem to agree, but Bill Bell was DRIVEN. Kay Alden was hired in late 74, so for the first year and a half, he wrote Y&R BY HIMSELF, and Lee was basically a story consultant and sounding board, as I understand it, she wrote very little actual dialogue. I'd love to see someone TODAY write a 30 minute serial ALONE. But the structure of the show was easier to write in the 70's, you just had the prologue, then acts one, two, three, and four.

• Members

May I ask a question? Why was Kevin redeemable, but Patty isn't? Other than different writing regimes.

Patty: She ate a peanut butter cookie and kissed Summer which put her in a coma and made her special.

Kevin: Gave Lily an STD. If the writers were to write this, maybe even one reason as to why she has cancer now.

Patty: Killed Zapato.

Kevin: Inflicted the chipmunk and Gloria on us.

Patty: She set in motion the events that would lead to Colleen's death. She did what Kevin failed to do.

Kevin: He trapped her in a freezer and set the resturant on fire.

When Patty did her bad things she seemed to do them on a whim with the exception of killing Zapato, but when Kevin planned all his nefarious deeds with the exception of the chipmunk.

• Members

Lord, this show sucks! It sucks so much, it's unbelievable.

How can you be such a lousy writer and have so much disrespect for your own show and your own family?! :blink: OK, I can understand someone is bad, but this bad? This much misogynistic, sick and perverted? It's hard for me to grasp it...

Archived